Updates Needed!!

shellinaj
on 4/25/07 4:49 am - Albany, MN
Hey everyone! How about some updates on how everyone is doing? This board seems to be a little inactive, so let's pick it up a little!! I am almost 3 months out (on Mayl 2), and I have lost 63 pounds. I have not really had any complications, but I am having a hard time adapting to regular eating. I am having a very difficult time eating with my family and not overdoing it to the point it comes back out. I am still able to eat only about 1/4 cup or LESS at a time. I have learned that greasy foods, eggs, and spaghetti are no-no's for me so far... I LOVE the weight loss and I LOVE the energy I have, but I would like to be able to eat meals with my family. How do you not eat 1/4 cup of food in a few minutes?? Anyway, I am just wondering how everyone else is doing...... Let's see some messages! Shelley
Terri H.
on 4/25/07 6:36 am - Moore, SC
Hey Shelley! I was thinking the same thing! This board seems to have slacked off a little! I am going to be 3 months out on 5/6/07, and I have a lost a total of 70 lbs since then. In my head, I am thinking that I am losing it waaaay toooooo slow! I am exercising 2days a week for an hour (areobics class), and MWF I am walking. I have a heart monitor, so I try to get it up to my "target" range when I walk. I drink a protein drink every morning, (my breakfast meal) and a protein bar replaces the afternoon meal. I don't know what else to do to pick up on the weight loss. I am about 15 pounds behind where my surgeon wants me to be right now! I dread seeing him on the 11th! I can eat 4 oz. meals at a time, 5X a day. (per my surgeon & my nut's instructions). Things I CAN NOT Eat is Chicken Breast. It doesn't matter how juicy it is, or how it is cooked, it comes right back up! Greasy foods and any kind of sugar also spells "Doom" for the pouch. I love the weight loss, the energy, and the 3 sizes smaller clothes I am wearing now! My clothes are again getting too big! YIPEE! I guess I just have to be patient, and stay the course, and my body will eventually get the message. Take care Ms. Shelley! Is it warm in MN yet? Terri from South Carolina
Jill A.
on 4/25/07 8:24 am - Monroe, NC
Ok you guys! Ya'll are way ahead of me. I'm 9 weeks out and 38 pounds down. I stalled for 3 weeks and that drove me crazy. You guys are doing great! You are the lucky ones who are losing faster. Be proud! ...Jill
jenharris38
on 4/27/07 2:56 am - Marietta, GA
I'm with you Jill. I am a day ahead of you (2/20) and I've only lost 33 lbs since surgery, 45 since my highest presurgery weight. I feel like I am able to (and do) eat way too much and I'm not exercising enough. I go crazy when I see people who've lost so much (although I am happy for them...). I am getting depressed and discouraged. I am terrified I've lost all I am going to lose.
Jill A.
on 4/27/07 5:02 am - Monroe, NC
I get a little discouranged from time to time also. I'm scared that since I'm not losing as fast that I'm not going to get to goal which is 60 pounds away. I feel like my "golden opportunity" is slipping by. I try to vary the amounts and types of foods I eat. I think that helps the scales move better. I guess you and I are in the same boat. We need to paddle hard! ...Jill
Ben
on 4/25/07 9:13 am - Fresno, CA
I want to be at that point when I am 3 months out!!!! I am 64 days out and I have lost 51 pounds! That the most I have ever lost in my entire life! I am getting used to not eating as much. When it comes to eating with my family, well, I take a tablespoon of all items (usually 3-4) and place them on mu plate and chew slow. I never can finish what I have on my plate but at least I get to taste everything. I am not the first one finished any more, which is great, but I take my time and wait inbetween bites so as to make sure it goes down all the way. I have picked up to talking more at the table than before as well. Keep up the good work!
Lisa B
on 4/25/07 3:44 pm - Riverside, CA
Hi All! I will be 12 weeks on Monday the 30th. I have lost 59 pounds and life is so good! I have had ZERO complications and ZERO problems with food. I have gotten food stuck twice and that was simply because I ate too fast....haven't done that again! I don't eat very much and am not hungry at all...except in the evening I get a little hungry. I eat all kinds of different foods..and haven't had anything "disagree" with me. Some things sit heavier than others...but still never had any nausea or "upset tummy" feeling. I take my vitamins daily and try to get in a 100 grams of protein a day. I am anxiously awaiting to see if I get the dreaded "hair loss" thing...I sure hope not. Here I am feeling all cute with the weight loss and really don't wanna look bald...not in fashion this season...LOL. All I can say is....I am so glad I had this surgery...and I feel FANTASTIC!!!! Lets try to keep this board up and running...it's lonely.. Lisa
le64
on 4/26/07 7:26 am - Astoria, NY
Hi there. I had my surgery on February 13th. I have lost 50 pounds (40 since surgery). I am at 221. I am very happy with the pace of the weight loss. I would like to see the February group update at least with a weekly update like the January group does. It would be nice to follow your progress. Have a great weekend! Lynda
kellykins74
on 4/26/07 12:16 pm - ware, MA
Hi everyone, I had my surgery on feb.26th, and today was my 2 month mark. I started out at 221lbs. and lost 20, before the surgery. After the surgery to this date, I am 168lbs. Also, I am only 4'11''. I haven't had any major complications, which I am greatful for, but I have been lacking a lot of energy, and my back hurts when I sit down for even10 min. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Well Good luck on all of our journeys', and hope to chat with some of ya's. Bye for now, Kelly Harold.
Shelley J.
on 4/27/07 2:39 am - Clinton, MS
RNY on 02/05/07 with
Hi Shelley! Thanks for keeping us all in check! I have not been good about checking this board. However! I stepped on the scale today at the doctors office and I have lost 70.5 pounds (surgery date 2/5)!! I have only 64 more to go to goal! I am so siked! I love the energy and the improved self confidence. It is truely amazing! I am thankful for this surgery giving me the opportunity to get myself back! Everyone seems to be doing well! CONGRATS SURGERY SISTAHS (& BROTHERS IF YOU ARE OUT THERE)! ((Hugs)) to you all! Shelley J.
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 742 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 764 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 714 views