Whats everyone eating at this point?

Singer468211
on 4/30/07 3:34 am - Hazel Green, AL
Hello February post-ops! I'm curious what everyones daily menu is like, what are you loving and what are you not tolerating well? I had surgery on Feb 7th but had loads of complications, i've been on TPN and havent had food by mouth in months, so im starting from scratch but ready to eat "real" food.
nmfox4676
on 4/30/07 9:39 pm
HI! I was wondering the same thing. I had my surgery on Feb 1 and i try and eat just about anything, I stay away from lettuce or things that may be hard to digest, I def try and saty away from breads and pastas, now I have tried a nibble of breads but as for pasta not yet. I just feel like maybe I should be eating more than what I do. Some day sI feel like I can eat all day and others I don't eat at all. So I am interested in what other Feb surgeries and how much they are eating. Nicole
bandycat
on 5/1/07 1:31 pm - Boscobel, WI
VSG on 02/19/07 with
Hi there.... I am so sorry you had complications Heather...I can not imagine how hard it must be to no be eating by mouth yet! wow. For me my day goes like this most days: Breakfast: cottage cheese pancake with berry whipped cream cheese or oatmeal with some protein powder mixed in and a bit of milk Lunch: that one is different..if my dh is home we make a nice home cooked meal..usually meat in the crockpot...so I will have that and some gravy to moisten it..a bite or two of taters. Otherwise I will do a Mission Low carb tortilla with chicken breast, cheese and ranch dressing. If I am away from home I take some Revival Soy chips and half a protein bar. Supper: Pizzaburger or 8 All Bran Cracker with turkey pepperoni and a slice of provolone cheese or Flat out Bread for a pizza crust with sauce, cheese and turkey pepperoni. Right now those are the staples for me. I do two protein drinks on most day yet too. Snacks are usually Frigaros String Cheese. The most I can eat at one time is 2.6oz. Are you going to have to move thru all the stages of food--liquid, puree, soft and so on...? All my best to you and again I am sorry you had complications. Cathy
Shelley J.
on 5/2/07 2:14 am - Clinton, MS
RNY on 02/05/07 with
I find it hard to have a set diet, but the things that work for me are: Light & Fit Yogurt SF Jello Pudding String Cheese Protein Drinks (I try to have 1 a day) Soy meat products (Morning Star Bacon, Boca Burgers, etc.) Frozen fruit (in my protein drinks primarily) Soups (but I got sick of them on the liquid phase) Crackers (only 3 at a time) Cheddar Cheese Things that DON'T work Eggs Meat Pasta Bread In a day I try to do this: Breakfast: Protein Shake Lunch: Yogurt Snack: String Cheese or 3 crackers with cheddar cheese Dinner: Soy Meat/Cheese Snack: SF Pudding I don't always get it all in though. I hope this helps. Things are still limited, but only because I am scared to get sick so I stick to what I know. Good luck as you start eating again! Shelley J.
Tammy A.
on 5/3/07 3:16 am - Maple Grove, MN
I eat anything except pasta and dry meats. Somethings I can eat more of then others. I am up to about 1/4 cup of food a meal. I have eggs in the morning, a stuffed tomato or meat of some sort for lunch and then whatever I am cooking for dinner that is protein or some cottage cheese. Tammy
hearmeroar
on 5/15/07 8:06 am - Hanover, PA
Hey - sorry to hear that you had some complications! At this point my normal day consists of: Breakfast - 2 egg whites 1/4 cup of shredded cheese 1 piece of deli turkey ripped up in the eggs Snack 1 cup protein drink Lunch 2-3 oz of yogurt Snack 1 piece of string cheese Dinner 3 turkey meatballs - plain, no sauce bread, ect. I pre-make them at home so there are no breadcrumbs either. This is pretty much everyday for me. I sometimes wonder also if I can getting enough in or too much....great post, thanks!
Diana06
on 5/24/07 1:21 pm - Rancho Cucamonga, CA
if you check out my link you can see what I eat on a daily bases. http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=funnydi
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 742 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 763 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 714 views