Wow moments & surgversary

ozlady1000
on 5/6/07 7:54 am - Davison, MI
It's been three months now. I have lost 67 lbs now; but 27 I lost before surgery! I am greatful for every pound; but I am stuck on a plateau now. I feel I am a much slow loser; I am trying to do everything right. I exercise like crazy; today I did the treadmill at incline of 5.5 at 3.2 miles and hour for 40 minutes and burned 364 calories! A year ago I never would have thought that I would be doing all this. I go for walks with my hubby now; and we go about 3 miles! I also do an exercise bike; and stregth training with the bands. I want to tone up all the flabbies that are now showing. Still I look in a mirror and I don't see it myself as much as others seem to! I have a lot of people saying they almost don't recognize me; and how great I look. Sometimes I don't know how to deal with the extra attention.. My hubby says that he has a new wife to do things with now. I have went from a size 24 to a size 16; and non attactive to very attactive! It feels great not to get out of breath doing things; and not being in pain constantly! I have cut out my b.p. meds altogether, cut my diabetes meds. down from 2 whole pill twice a day to only 1/2 pill at night. I am still dealing with an ulcer & a stricture; tomorrow I am going for another EDG. I wish I were losing faster; and I wish I knew some exercises that would help me tone. Well I will keep trudging on. Good luck to everyone. Lets all keep the faith even when we can't see it in ourselves! Thank God I have made it this far. Sincerely, Judy R
Charlottekay
on 5/6/07 1:51 pm - Nebo, KY
Judy, Keep up the good work. You are doing great. It's coming off at a just right pace, not to fast. That way you won't get sickly. Just look at the life you've got back so far. And I'm sure there is more to come. I too know excatly what you are talking about and going through. But thank God it sounds like we both have great husbands to go through it with. Charlotte
Winerush
on 5/8/07 5:04 am - Herschberg
Okay that is a great WOW....I'm 3 months out as well and I have only lost 44 lbs. I really feel like a slow looser compaired to others. I try and find the time to do some walking but I work full time at a school and then my son has soccer from 6-8pm. The time for the gym is hard for me but I really need to get there and do some leg weights along with arm weights. Everyone at my work says I look great but I really don't see it just looking in the mirror, I only see it from my clothes. I wear an XLG shirt now and between a 16 and 14 pants. I was wearing a 2X shirt and 20 or 22 pants before my surgery Feb. 13th. I like to see how everyone is doing so feel free to keep in touch with me okay. I live in Germany right now with my husband who is Military, we have lived here for 7yrs and have one left. Support groups are a little hard here, they meet only once a month and sometimes not even then. Marie
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 742 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 763 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 714 views