WOW moment

Charlottekay
on 5/6/07 2:10 pm - Nebo, KY
Well Saturday was 3 months from the day of my surgery. I decided I was tired of my shirts falling off my shoulders and my bra strap falling down my arm. So I went shopping for shirts and bras. I really didn't know what size to even try on. I got one size down from what I normally wore, but I think I maybe could have went down two. But I was too scared, doesn't that sound silly. Now my bra size was a real socker. I went from a 50 DD too a.............46 C! I could not believe it!!!! I knew they were going, but I just thought they were going down to the ground. Also about 2 or 3 weeks ago I went to Wal-mart and started to try on some capri's. Well as I was pulling them on they were tight before I even got them to my waist. So I took them off and didn't try anything else on. I bought 3 pairs of capri's at Wal-mart yesterday without trying them on, because I was too wore out. So today I was trying the clothes on for my husband and the capri's fit and they were a little big in the waist. Ok next WOW moment. I signed my daughter up for T-ball in March. They had a sign-up sheet where the parents could get shirts to match their kids shirts. Well the largest shirt they had was 2X. I went ahead and ordered it in hopes that by the time the first game came I would be able to fit in it. Well we got our shirts yesterday at practice and I looked at it. And was a little disappointed, because it would proably be a couple of games before I could wear it. I tried it on tonight just to see how long it might be fore I could wear it. Keep in mind that before the surgery I was wearing 4X & 5X. IT FIT! I still feel like the big person that I am. So when I can get into these smaller clothes it just amazes me. I had to share this with my friends on here. I would enjoy hearing some of your WOW moments too. Charlotte
Shelley J.
on 5/7/07 3:18 am - Clinton, MS
RNY on 02/05/07 with
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! These are all great wow moments!!!! I had a couple too.... First, I went to an OH event locally and got 7 bags of clothes from a woman who has lost a TON of weight. I needed them and was happy to have them. However, the shirts were all XL and the pants were mostly 16s. I figure - I'll get there, but was disappointed she didn't have any 18s which is what I think I wear now. The XL shirts fit perfectly and I put on a pair of XL capri's today and they fit too! I was so happy. No saggy baggy pants for me today! Although I don't fit in the 16s, I feel really good about fitting in XL shirts and XL pants. Does this mean I can shop at regular stores now????????? - I think it might Secondly, my daughter, who is 12 and very self involved (if you have one, you know) hasn't said anything about my weight loss but this weekend, she asked if I had lost weight in my fore arms. She said they looked so skinny and muscular! (Really???) - Weird she noticed that of all areas, but whatever - I'll take it! Thanks for sharing your WOW moments with us Charlotte - it is good to celebrate each step on our road to success! Have a great day! Shelley J.
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 742 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 764 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 714 views