I need to get my blood work done soon what do I need to get checked?

Roxie
on 5/9/07 12:15 am - Fairfield, NJ
Hey all, I need to get my bloodwork checked I mean I assume I do I want to know what my levels are...However I have no idea besides like Iron and calcium that I should get checked does anyone have a list? Or even some helpful hints Roxie
alphagam
on 5/9/07 1:50 am - Windsor, Canada
I jsut had my blood work done this morning and they had to check a whole wack of things. My doctor gave me a sheet with everything i need to have checked. I must get my levels check at 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year and then annually. This is what he wanted checked. Diagnosis - malabsorption 579.9 (CODE) CBC ELECTROLYTES BUN CREATININE GLUCOSE CALCIUM MAGNESIUM CHOLESTEROL TRIGLYCERIDES T. BILI T. PROTEIN ALBURNIN ALK PHOS AST ALT SERUM IRON TIBC SERUM FOLATE VITAMIN B 12 Hope this helps and good luck. I have to say I am surprised that your surgeon did not give you a list. but like i said this is what my surgeon wanted. Brooke 265/211/130 surg/now/goal
Winerush
on 5/13/07 4:06 am - Herschberg
I just called my primary care doctor to order my lab work...the surgen told me its time to have everything checked so I go on Tuesday the15th. I don't know what he ordered so I'm glad to see your list...I will have to copy this and see what they have on my compared to yours. You seem to be doing great with your surgery Brooke, I had my surgery on Feb. 13th. My start weight was 258lbs and I'm down to 208lbs right now...I can't weight to be below 200lbs. Everyone keeps saying I look great but I really don't see it except for the way my clothes are fitting...very big right now so I think its time to go shoppin for a few new items. Well I hope everyone takes care and keep us all informed on how things are going. :D Marie
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 742 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 764 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 714 views