I WAS ON THE NJ FORUM!!!

NOBETTERWOMEN
on 5/26/07 1:27 am - South Jersey, NJ
I did not know that their was a "feb 2007 surgery date forum" this is great!! I was banded on feb 12, 2007 I'm also a slow starter. 10 days after surgery I became infected in the port incision with a staph infection called msra. It landed me in the hospital for 7 days with iv meds. I'm doing much better now, but the infection put off any fills. I just had my first fill on May 2nd. I saw the doctor yesterday and he said we can go for another "thank God\".............. So I will have to wait for his office to call with a date. Needless to say I think it will take another 3 weeks before I will see one. They do it under x ray, and they have to get the use of the x ray equip. I'm pretty down due to the fact that I've only lost 15lbs since the whole process. Never gained , but only lost 15lbs. Their is no one coming up to me saying you look so great, I hardly new you!!!!! My support group has nothing but stories of success. I had to leave the other night 1/2 way thru.... Do to the fact I could not stand to listen to that anymore. I think I will not return to support until is see some numbers. Maybe the second fill will do it. "please God\"................ My best to all of you, bridget k.
Shelley J.
on 5/29/07 2:29 am - Clinton, MS
RNY on 02/05/07 with
Hi Bridget and welcome to the Feb 2007 board! I'm sorry you had to deal with the infection which delayed your fills. I didn't have lap band but know things go a little slower with that option. Hang in there - it will happen when the band is at the right level! Like you said - you ARE losing which is good. Things will pick up soon. ((Hugs)) Shelley
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 742 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 764 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 714 views