Want to know something

ozlady1000
on 5/27/07 9:39 am - Davison, MI
Hey Guys & Gals, I had surgery on Feb 5, 07; and I have only lost 43 lbs since surgery. It is depressing to see all you others that are doing so much better. I have been watching everything I eat and drink. I have been exercising 5-7 times a week for 40-60 minutes at a time. What am I doing wrong that I hit so many plateau's??? It is a bit frustrating to see all the others doing so much more with thier progress than you are when you feel like nothing is coming easy and you are trying your best.. I wish the rest of you continued sucess; but have any of you hit the low and slow spots as well? Sincerely, Judy R
Debbie62
on 5/27/07 10:04 am - Summerville, SC
Hi Judy, I had my surgery on Feb 7th. I know we want to wake up and look different, but we have to keep in mind that we didn't get this way over night. I have got a little dissapointed sometimes because my scales stall too. They moved this morning a few pounds for the first time in weeks. The way it has been described to me is that, we are loosing weight so fast that the body tends to say whoa, what's happining? So the body trys to hold onto what it can and the weight loss stops. Then as we contimue to feed it, not as much as before, but it is getting something, then it starts to let go of somemore fat. Personally, since I used to work out and have not been doing that, I have noticed that I have lost alot of muscle along with fat. It is very important for us to work out and build muscle, muscle eats fat. The more muscle you build, the more fat you get rid of. But keep in mind, muscle weighs more than fat, so the scales might move slower, but your body will keep changing. I too hate that the scales don't move and the skin is getting flabbier and flabbier. But we have to hold on. And you are doing a heck of alot better than I am with working out. What was your starting weight? Mine was 260. I am down nearly 70 pounds. Some days I feel like it isn't ever going to get to my goal. I have to tell myself over and over, just keep doing what we are doing and we'll get there. Do you live near Saginaw, MI? I will be there in June. Deb
ozlady1000
on 5/27/07 11:18 pm - Davison, MI
Hi Deb, I live about 45-60 minutes from Saginaw! I had my surgery Feb. 5, 07. I have lost only 43 since my surgery; but 27 since Dec before. So I have lost a total of 70 sinces Dec of 06. My beginning weight was 289, now I am 217-219 back and forth. It is madding to me. Of course as I said before nothing comes easy to me! And to all those people who think this surgery is the easy way out I say kiss my big fanny. When asked did you have WLS, my answer is I am doing it the hard way! I chose not to share with negative or judgemental people. No one I work with knows, very few family or friends know either. I also have to tell myself the same things that you are saying. Maybe we could meet sometime; and share stories.. Don't want to always sound like a whine butt. LOL>> Hope you have a great holiday weekend. Sincerely, Judy R
Sallee
on 5/30/07 10:39 am
Judy don't give up u and I r running neck to neck I to have only lost about 43#'s. Our surgery dates are the same... just think it takes the normal dieter a whole year to lose as much as we have.
mindsue
on 5/30/07 1:13 pm - Pasadena, MD
StomaphyX on 08/31/09
My nutritionist said the weight loss is like a staircase...It helped me to have a visual like that and to realize I am normal. It will come off, it has to because we are taking in so little calories. Good Luck! ~Melinda
monicasrevision
on 6/1/07 12:48 am - Houston, TX
Hello I had my DS on 2/7/07 and I have lost to date 30 pounds but the inches are what I am counting not the pounds . . . I am getting into XL from size 22 I was right before surgery and my chest doesn't feel like there's a truck on it. CELEBRATE the fact that you have lost 40 plus pounds!!!!! people would kill to lose weight that fast. I had one lady that took 12 months to lose 12 pounds I lost 12 pounds my first week out of surgery.
MOJI
on 7/15/07 1:11 am - worcester, MA
Hi Judy, I had my surgery on Feb/6/2007 I lost 55lbs from surgery and 25 lbs on my own so thats total to 80 lbs.. So I understrand your situation ..I look at it this way "everyone is different so everyone has a different weight loss..." Sad I know-moji
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 742 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 763 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 714 views