Has anyone had ulcers?

Mariam T.
on 6/2/07 2:51 pm - Oakley, CA
Hi everyone! Yesterday I had to have another endoscopy to dilate my stricture...which went fine and I now can eat again...however they found a large ulcer...which I did not have before my surgery. So I am now on a liquid medicine for the next 8 weeks. Anyone else have this? Thanks a bunch! Mariam
Shelley J.
on 6/3/07 2:36 am - Clinton, MS
RNY on 02/05/07 with
I know one of our very own surgery sisters who has had several complications including ulcers (the least of her issues). I don't know what caused them or how she is being treated as she has other issues that are primary right now. If I learn anything, I will certainly let you know! Shelley
ozlady1000
on 6/4/07 11:12 am - Davison, MI
Wow Mariam, You bet I did; and it got so bad I could not even hold down water. I had my stricture dialated twice; but I am doing much better now. Mine happened at only 4 weeks out. It took quite a while to heal 4-6 weeks; but meds took care of it. Just take very good care of yourself. Despite these complications I would still do the surgery. How about you? My surgery lap RNY was Feb 07; my weight loss is about 45 since surgey. What type did you have and where are you at your weight loss.. Sincerely, Judy R.
Mariam T.
on 6/4/07 12:04 pm - Oakley, CA
Hi Judy, Thank you for your response...did you have ulcers before your surgery? I know that I did not because my surgeon requires an endoscopy to check for ulcers...I had a GBS on feb 20th and I have lost 68 lbs...I also would do it again, I feel great. They did say I may need it dilated again because that happens to alot of people. What kind of meds did they give you? and did they biopsy it to see if it was the bacteria kind? (h.pyloric) My byopsy has not come back yet...I have never had an ulcer in my life so I just wonder why this happened..?? What are your thoughts? Mariam
ozlady1000
on 6/5/07 5:56 am - Davison, MI
Hi Mariam, No I never had ulcer's before surgery. I did not have an edg before surgery though. I had lap RNY Feb 5th, 07; I have lost 47 since surgery (but 27 before) surgery for a grand total of 75 lbs since Dec 06. I was told I developed ulcers because of taking so much pain medication; and bacteria of the surgery. I don't know if they took a byopsy but I am sure they did. Some of us just get the luck of the draw I think! Still I would do it all again. I feel much better than I have in years! How about you? What weight did you start at? I feel I have been a very slow loser; my NUT says that is a good thing. I am losing fat not muscle! Well I would still like it to be much faster; considering I feel I have made many sacarfies.. I have went from a size 24 to a size 16! Hope all continues to go well with you.. Sincerely, Judy R
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 742 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 764 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 714 views