I need Help

KristieG
on 12/27/08 10:07 am
I have lost about 68 pounds and now I have gained about 30 of it back.  I am so angry with myself.  Please can someone help me.  I know I am to eat on a small plate and eat the protein first then the veg and fruit is that right?  I know what one of my biggest problems are and that was that I started to drink regular pop again.  I am a pop a holic.  My knees were starting to feel SO much better and now that I have gained my weight back they are starting to hurt and I am limping all the time..  I know what I have to do. I need to start exercising more and eating right.. I need some help to get back on track again, Please no lectures because I already feel horrible already.  IF anyone has ideas for me please let me know.. thanks
Shelley J.
on 2/6/09 6:42 pm - Clinton, MS
RNY on 02/05/07 with
Hi Kristie,

You'll get no lectures here! (I would certainly hope NO ONE would do so on this board).  I don't have any advice you haven't already identified.  Perhaps the 5 day pouch test? I have heard a lot of people here mention it and they say it just reminds them that the tool still works and seems to be a kickstart to getting on the right track again.  I think you can find it on Sparkpeople.com or even on this site. When I got my pre-surgical psych eval, I know the therapist warned me about soda. He said it was a one way ticket to gaining the weight back. Given how many pre- and post-op folks he sees, I had to believe him (he also had the surgery).  

Mostly I just wanted to offer support and say I am sorry you are going through this.  I  know this is one our biggest fears as WLS patients.  Hang in there - try not to beat yourself up and move forward with better decisions each day.

I'm thinking about you and routing for you!

Shelley J.
Clinton, MS

284.5/140

SUSIEQQ62
on 2/13/09 7:18 am - EXETER, PA
I AM PRAYING FOR YOU KRIS THAT YOU GET BACK ON TRACK--YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO AND JUST GET MOTIVATED TO DO IT! I KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!!!!!!!!!
GOD BLESS
SUSIE

SUSIE SMITH FROM NE PA

Susie Smith from PA    

Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 737 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 759 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 710 views