SURGERY DATE SET FOR 2/13/08

healthygirl2b
on 12/20/07 1:43 pm
I am sooooooooooooo happy today I scheduled my surgery date for my lap band: 2/13/08. With already 50 lbs off, I am hoping to lose another 15 lbs by surgery date so I am under 300 lbs. Looking forward to completing the pre-admissions stuff. But that's a piece of cake. I am on a good steady path with my weight loss so I am pretty sure I can achieve that 15 lb loss by 2/13/08 !!!!! I feel a sense of relief and anxiousness for the date to finally get here !!!!!!!! Doirinne from Cohoes, NY
RosieHawk
on 12/22/07 12:33 am - Ottawa, Canada
We're surgery sisters!!! I too am having my wls surgery on the 13th...good luck to us!!
Michelle P.
on 12/29/07 8:34 am - Glens Falls, NY
Who is doing your surgery if I may ask? I am going to Dr. Vishnudas Panemanglore at Ellis Bariatric Hospital. Sounds like you are doing terrific! May I ask why you chose the lapband?
MsLinda87
on 1/1/08 2:21 am - Miami , FL
good luck to you i have also set my surgery for febuary 13, 2008 Dr. Nestor De La Cruz Munoz and i am having the RYN. I hope all goes well for all my friends waiting for febuary to role on by. Continue what you are doing and those 15 pounds will go away in no time. Good Luck
cruzinjan
on 1/12/08 10:16 am - Woodbury, NJ
Congrats Doirinne, I'm also scheduled for lap-bad for Feb,13th, You are doing great on your pre-op diet, I'm sweating it out, worried if i can lose 10lbs by my weigh-in on Feb 7th. What's your secret, ?? Jan
healthygirl2b
on 1/12/08 2:03 pm
Hi Jan. I don't really have a secret. I just am eating smaller portions, making healthy food choices, I am pre-diabetic so no sugar, I watch my carbs CONSTANTLY, and use just splenda. I drink lots of crystal light and water. Just about a gallon a day. But equally as important is my physical activity. If I don't exercise (right now I am just walking, but I walk briskly for 20 mins in morning, 30 mins mid day and 20 mins early afternoon. I don't have a treadmill yet, so walking outdoors as often as possible is my "location of choice" but when weather does not cooperate, I walk inside my office building, 5 floors, I zig zag walk up and down the stairs, 5 flights, twice. My knees have seen better days, but the zig zagging helps; I walk up one flight of stairs, then across (flat walking) to the other side of the building, then down the stairs, and so on, until I have gone from the 5th floor down to the 1st floor ROUND TRIP, all the way up 5 flights, all the way down 5 flights. I prefer outdoors, but alas, Mother Nature doesn't always cooperate. It was hard starting the exercise 8 months ago, but it got easier as time goes on. I also watch my sodium intake, don't use it in my food preperation, and I don't eat canned or processed foods, which have hidden sugars and sodium. Sodium of course is high blood pressure's BEST FRIEND, so I have to be careful. Bottum line, it's a combination of eating the RIGHT HEALTHY KINDS OF FOODS, DRINKING LOTS OF SUGAR FREE LIQUIDS/WATER (NO CARBONATION) AND WALKING, WALKING, WALKING. I hope I will have a treadmill by the time my surgery rolls around so I can walk easily at home without having to go out if I don't feel up to it. It takes committment and determination. We can do it, all of us, if we put our minds and hearts and BODIES to it !!!!!!! Good Luck with your journey. YOU ARE WORTH THE HARD WORK, AND IT WILL PAY OFF !!!!!!! Doirinne
cruzinjan
on 1/13/08 10:33 am - Woodbury, NJ
Wow, such a great program....I'll need to step up my routine & incorporate the stairs in my building also, what a great idea. thanks, jan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1505 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1214 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 858 views