Looking for IDEAS

shelly1
on 1/26/08 7:51 am
HI my name is Shelly and I am have RNY on feb 6th, I am on day 4 of liquid fast and wondering if anyone had any tasty ideas for this. It is easier today however this is not going to taste good for 2 weeks. Please let me know I you have found something that makes This EASY......
healthygirl2b
on 1/26/08 11:49 am
Are you on liquid proteins or clear liquids? Low sodium chicken & beef broth are good, as long as you drink lots and lots of water. Crystal light is great. I am pre-op for lap band on 2/13/08 and I have done 2 days of liquid protein shakes. I lost 5-6 lbs in 3 days on the protein shakes. I purchased a huge cannister of vanilla flavored powder whey protein and mixed it with 8 oz skim milk, 8 oz water, and added a 1/4 tsp of vanilla and 2 packets of splenda with a dash of cinnamon. It is actually pretty good. Sugar free popsicles, of course, are great, too. There are lots of different flavored protein powders out there that you can make yourself. Sugar free jello is considered a liquid (according to the dieticians & nutritionists at my surgery site, Albany Med in Albany, NY). If you find a chocolate protein powder, you could always add some unsweetened cocoa and some ice in a blender, with your skim milk and make it really yummy. What about all those protein enriched liquid dietary supplements like ensure and store brand shakes already made, ready to drink in can, etc, with all kinds of different flavors? Sugar free non carbonated beverages are a plus. (Did I already say that?) If you need suggestions, you may want to contact your hospital's dietician and maybe they can help you? Hope all goes well with your surgery. Good Luck !!!! Doirinne from Cohoes (Albany) NY
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1507 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1214 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 859 views