went to seminar today

Jen Ewald
on 1/26/08 9:49 am - universal city, TX
Hello well I have been reading post for a few months but do not post... So here goes. I went to the Seminar today with Dr. Patel in san antonio today. ( he seems awesome). My sister had the bypass 7 years ago and did well and still great going for size 24 to 6-8 now after all these years. A little about myself I am 40 yrs old am a Nurse and wife and mother of daughter 16 and boy/girl twins 11. I really didnt have a weight issue unitl the twins i gained 120 lbs with them and was on complete bedrest from my 7 th week and have never really taken the weight off. I have not had insuracne for the past 7 years so now that mine finally came into effect 01/01/08 I am going full force. Dr. Patel said it looks like i will be haivng my surgery the end of Februrary 08 WOW i was shocked 1 month away but I have been on a diet and exercise for several months now and have HTN . I am so excited... I was going in with all intentions of doing the lap band until 3 days before the seminar then after more research I decieded ( also after the seminar section) that I will do the bypass instead, I just feel this will be the best procedure for me. So I just wanted to say hello to all and hope to make some buddies. Is anyone else using Dr. Patel in San Antonio, Tx? Jenn
CThrasher
on 1/28/08 3:38 am - CA
Hi Jenn, congrats on getting a date so fast! I always feel better seeing nurses going for this procedure...I guess knowing people in the medical profession think it's safe and effective makes me feel better. My date is the 12th...and I have been trying to get approved for 11 months...I was hoping for as fast a turn around as you had...but it didn't work out that way for me. I am so excited for you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1507 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1214 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 859 views