getting anxious, feb 14th 2 weeks away!!

MARIPOSA4013
on 1/29/08 9:28 pm - MORRIS, PA
Hello everyone, i am getting so nervous. i have 2 weeks to go. i am going to start my liquid diet this weekend. i just keep counting down the days. i cant beleive it is coming so soon. i am soooo excited!! i just got out my binder full of papers that the hospital gave me. and i read everything in it. i made a list of the vitamins and suppliments that i need to take after. oh you know what i didnt see in those papers? i didnt see a list of the things i am supposed to take to the hospital with me. i think i am going to post this on the main board too, to see if i can get a list from other people. i just know i will forget something if i dont have a list. so how is every one feeling? we are all february surgeries so we are all coming up soon here. anyone want to comment?
SCushway
on 1/30/08 1:45 am - Daphne, AL
You don't need to take a whole lot to the hospital. You can always have your husband bring you anything you need. I plan to wear something VERY comfortable and since I will only be wearing it for an hour (I am the first surgery of the day...5 am hospital visit) I plan to wear it home too. As for gowns, with IV's catheters and such it's easier to just wear the hospital gowns. They have them in big sizes so I'm not concerned about exposing myself. I may make up a little bag for my husband to leave in the car until I get in a room with things like my toothbrush, shampoo, brush, deoderant, etc. Just the necessities. My surgery is a week after yours. I am dreading the 10 day liquid diet. Sandi
MARIPOSA4013
on 1/30/08 2:22 am - MORRIS, PA
i have to do a 2 week liquid. i am drreading it too. but i did do a practice round a few weeks ago so i know i can handle it. i am also allowed to eat fruits with my diet so i can get that chewing sensation. thanks doc!! i live 2 hours away from our hospital so i dont know if he is going to be running back and forth if i forgot something. i know he'll go there each day but if i forgot something and he forgets to grab it, then i know he wont go back. he might stay at some family we havethat are only 45 minutes away. not sure yet.
shelly1
on 1/30/08 8:07 am
Hello, you do not need much at the hospital. They have almost everything you need. I am taking some reading materials, personal hygiene things and a FAN...I can not sleep without it. I am going to take some PJ's with a tee shirt and slippers. You have to walk all day in the halls so after the catheter is out I am going to beg the nurse to feed the iv through my shirt for me. I think I will take my farvorite pillow. Since I know the beds are so unconfortable. I am taking my MP3 player to drowned out the noises and a headset for the tv. ui Good luck on the liquid fast. I am so wishing my Dr would allow fruit...I would be in heaven. I am on day 7 on my liquid fast. It is not fun and it is hard cooking for others while doing this. I made my son a ham sandwich today and the ham broke off before I got it out of the package. I was talking on the phone and before I knew it I had that small bit almost in my mouth. I stopped just short of tasting it.... BOY close call. Be strong the results are worth it. Good luck Shelly1
MARIPOSA4013
on 1/30/08 8:12 pm - MORRIS, PA
oh yes! i remember those moments. i did a practice 2 day liquid diet a few weeks ago, and i was serving my kids lunch, and i poured out a few cheese its, and one fell off the plate and i picked it up from the table and almost put it in my mouth too. i caught my self, but man did that cheese it look good?!!!
ageless-timeless
on 2/1/08 7:41 am - Horsham, PA
I am just exploring lapband surgery. I have a question. I cannot possibly imagine being on a liquid diet for 2 weeks....if I could do THAT I might not have to do the lapband? The thought of keeping a liquid diet panics me! Any thoughts? Experiences? How did you get through that time period?
MARIPOSA4013
on 2/1/08 8:36 pm - MORRIS, PA
i have not done my 2 week liquid diet yet. i am going to start tomorrow. but i did practice it for two days and that was kind of easy. i am anxious to start it tomorrow. i think what if i cant do it. but everyone that has had this surgery has been able to do it. so that puts me at ease a little.
Tina P.
on 2/3/08 8:06 am - Fairfield County, CT
I am on a 1000 calorie pre-op diet. It seems each doctor has different requirements. My surgery is next Monday, Feb. 11. I have to start taking a beta-blocker tomorrow. Tina
big_ideas
on 2/5/08 9:58 am - Randolph, NJ
I'm having RNY on 2/15, and my doc didn't require a liquid diet pre-op. I'm going to see him tomorrow and verify, but the nurse even said I can eat dinner the night before! I don't know why, but every surgeon seems to have different rules. I've also heard that in addition to slippers, your pillow, comfy clothes, and toiletries, that you should bring chapstick. Sounds like a good idea to me... Good luck everyone...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1505 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1214 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 858 views