Looking for others that have been rescheduled to a later surgery date

Christine S.
on 1/30/08 11:40 pm - long island, NY
Hi. I was supposed to have my RNY on 1/16. The doc had an emergency and needed to cancel my surgery the day before. I am rescheduled for Monday 2/4. But I am not feeling it. I am not as excited as before. I have lost my vision of a new me. I am worried about the surgery alot more than before. Am I crazy? Has anyone else gone thru this? Or can anyone come over here and knock some sense into me? I know deep down I will be a happier healthier person in the end. Christine
AndreaLin
on 1/31/08 3:06 am - Vestal, NY
I know how you feel. I am scheduled for 2/4/08 also and I'm pretty nervous also. I can't knock any sense into you because I think this is totally normal. Just focus on one day at a time, finish reading, learning and preparing yourself mentally and physically. There is nothing you can do about the surgery -- it will be what it will be and worrying about it accomplishes nothing at all but makes you crazy! Who needs that! My biggest concern is that I don't want to get sick ahead of time. Everyone around me is sneezing, coughing and otherwise acting sick and yucky. I just want to carry a big can of Lysol around and spray everything.
CThrasher
on 1/31/08 3:28 am - CA
I am worried about getting sick as well. Everyone is SICK...I am using hand sanitizer and Zicam like it's going out of style HOPING I don't catch anything. I think the nerves are stting in because you were all psyched up and then disappointed. Stay focused...you are doing this for YOU...you have done all the work to get yourself to this point...keep going, you are almost there!!!
Christine S.
on 1/31/08 12:08 pm - long island, NY
Thanks for the support. I call tomorrow to find out what time I should go to the hospital on Monday. I am hoping it will be good news. Everyone at my job is getting sick, may even be the flu. I did get my flu shot this year as recommended by my primary care doc, hope I make it thru the weekend without catching anything. Good luck to my fellow 2/4 friends. 2 more days of work, then prep, then go!
Barabara Sipriano
on 1/31/08 1:01 pm
KNOCK KNOCK, Just kidding don't let your surgery being rescheduled get you down. I was scheduled previously for October 18th and the day before my cardiologist called to tell me he would not clear me until I underwent an angiogram. I was so dissapointed but then I got to thinking maybe this was Gods way of telling me hold on there lets re-think this. So since that time I have lost 16 pounds, went to a different surgeon and have now chosen a totally different procedure. Originally scheduled to have a Lap Band now having a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. Just remember what the ultimate goal that is to have a better quality and quanity of life.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1505 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1214 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 858 views