Feb. 15 - Surgery Date

rhonda07
on 2/1/08 11:40 am
I am a little nervous but feeling better about it after reading supportive advice. Can't wait to get it overwith. I am concerned about dietician said no pre op liq diet. Only day before surgery, nothing allowed. If I have anything they will cancel. I think I need to clarify with her.
big_ideas
on 2/3/08 12:48 am - Randolph, NJ
I'm FEb. 15 also. My doc doesn't require liquids before either. In fact, they said I can eat up until dinner the night before! I have to clarify also, I'm seeing him on Feb. 6th. Where is your surgery?
nikkib1216
on 2/3/08 5:58 am
Hi my surgery is feb. 14. i also am concerned about the no pre op liquid diet. I was also told this by my doctor. I will be seeing the doctor on feb.6 and will find out then about the liquid diet thing. Well good luck. See ya on the other side of the bench. Nikki
rhonda07
on 2/3/08 9:05 am
Nikki, would you let me know what your doc says about your liq diet. I am also trying to decide b/t bands - Swedish or regular? Do you have a choice? Good luck to you too!
muleforkay
on 2/4/08 3:10 am
My surgery is on 2/14. I am getting the Realize Band. My doctor says there is no difference other than the great on-line support system. Although I plan to participate in support groups at my hospital, there is something to be said for the anonymity of on-line chatting!
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/08 8:31 am
I'm the 15th too! And I don't have a pre-op either. I think it has something to do with your BMI - if it's high they want you to go on a pre-op diet to get your liver in shape. My BMI is 35.
muleforkay
on 2/4/08 3:04 am
I'm joining this conversation a bit late but, are you saying you are NOT having a two week liver shrinking diet prior to your surgery? My surgery is scheduled for 2/14 (no chocolates for me this year!), and I have been on Slimfast and light meals (800 calories per day) since Wednesday in preparation for the 14th. Also, I can't eat or drink ANYTHING after midnight on the 14th. ~Samantha~
rhonda07
on 2/4/08 8:13 am
Samantha, that is right. No diet, "just smaller portions" is what the nutr said. However, (by my choice) I have been doing the CIB NSA in place of lunch and dinner. And, I do have to do clear liquids 1 day b/f surgery (Valentine's Day) then nothing after midnight. I verified this with doc today. I also stated I would like to get the realize band also. I think I like the online support also. Plus, who knows maybe the online support will help us stay on track even more. I am hoping! Rhonda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1505 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1214 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 858 views