Protein Suggestions

sails92
on 6/21/03 11:03 pm - Lexington, KY
Hi Everyone, I'm really desperate. As I've posted before I'm a very slow loser and in three months have only lost 31.5lbs. I'm open to suggestions regarding protein. Can anyone email me with some TASTY protein suggestions.
BLSLIM77
on 6/22/03 1:49 am - SAN ANTONIO, FL
Marilyn....Have you tried the thinly sliced meats in the 2.5-3 ounce packages?They seem to taste better than other meat to me as I can't abide regular meat fish or poultry. Hope this helps. I also am losing slowly & do admit to cheating. After all we still have those same old habits & when stres****s me there I am again eating! UGH!!!!! GOOD LUCK & KEEP ON TRUCKIN.......
Jan P.
on 6/23/03 12:15 am - ARLINGTON, TX
My suggestion/my schedule to get in my protien is I have 1 oz of Beef Jerky for breakfast (15 gram protien), I then eat 1 small can of albacore tuna for lunch (21 grams protein), 1/2 a protein bar for afternoon snack (detour bar has 15 grams protein in 1/2 a bar, tastes like snickers!!), then I have a small salad and about 3 ounces of chicken tenders for dinner. This gives me about 65 grams of protein or more per day. Then if I need an evening snack I go back to more beef jerkey for the extra protein. You are doing great and don't try to compare yourself to anyone else, we all lose at different rates and besides that everyone starts at a diffent weight. Keep up the great work!!
Heather S.
on 6/25/03 2:19 am - Surprise, AZ
I Marilyn, I had my surgery on 3/12/03 at 280 pounds and today I weigh 204. I eat 5-6 times a day, this may seem a lot to others but it works for me. I start out my morning with an omelet, I take a Boca sausage link or 1/2 a breakfast pattie, cut it into bite size pieces, cook it and add 1 scrambled egg (with a little milk) and cheese. This week I added some salsa to it while cooking an it was really good. I refrigerate the left overs and this will last for a couple of days. 10:00 am protein shake at my desk.. 11:30 cottage cheese: maybe w/ a little tomato or pineapple 2:00 lunch rotisserie chicken this week. I got it at Walmart already cooked and it's tasty. Costco has Tyson chicken breast rotisserie style in the refrigerated section that's also great. 4:15 2 deli cheese slices, or 1/2 deli turkey slice, this week it was tunna salad, with cucumber, boiled egg (egg white only) and pickle. Dinner: Last week I had made the weigh****chers vegetable soup and added Boca meet balls for protein. This was very yummy. Snacks if I get hungry, I keep jerky at my desk, dried apples, dried banana chips, or soy nuts. I keep the nuts in the car too b/c it helps tide me over if I ever need a snack while I'm out. I don't eat any bread type carbohydrates (white or brown) and this is a personal choice for me. I drink at least 2-3 liters of water a day. I hope this helps
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/03 8:15 am - ARLINGTON, TX
Hi Marilyn, The best thing you could eat fat, calorie, protein content wise is tuna in water (21 grams for 3 oz). These are convienient in the "flat" packs to take to work. I also found Nitro-Tech protein bars at GNC and they are really tasty! I had to do a double take on the sugar content to make sure it was low sugar. These bars have 35 grams of protein in them. The Smores flavor actually has bits of marshmallow and graham cracker in the middle. I also found I could tolerate protein drinks already made and ready to go-- I keep Atkins in my fridge and drink as I work (20 grams protein per drink and low sugar). Atkins also has breakfast bars that have 11 grams of protein and are very tasty. Good luck and know you are not alone!
Dana M.
on 6/28/03 9:05 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Marilyn.... I had my surgery on 3/31/2003. I started at 365 and today, 6/28/2003, I am 291. Down 74 pounds. I am so happy. As to the protein issue. I have had some problems with that myself. But then at the last support group meeting we had a protein testing evening. Everyone brought their favorite protein drink, bar or any item. I found some that I liked. I liked the new Nectar fruit protein drinks, but they are hard to find locally, have to order on the internet. I also found out that I like a lot of things they have at Trader Joe's grocery store. Do you have those where you live? I was very surprised to find out that I like what is called Endame by the Japanese, it is soy beans that are dry roasted and they are sold in bags of 5.5 ounces. They were only 99 cents and 1/4 cup of these soy beans are 14 grams of protein. I think that is pretty good. I also bought different nuts, as nuts are high in protein and taste good too. I hope you can try something and you will like it also. Have a safe and happy weekend and a safe fourth of July. TTFN...............Dana in Phoenix, Arizona
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views