Hair Loss?? Stress??

(deactivated member)
on 6/28/03 6:01 am - ARLINGTON, TX
I had my surgery on 3/31/03 and in the last month I have been losing noticeable amounts of hair. It is causing me a lot of stress. Any suggestions?
Marisa H.
on 6/28/03 6:47 am - Beacon Falls, CT
Just know you are not alone. Try increasing your protein. If possible. Also look into vitamins that help promote hair growth. (If you can swallow pills) I have been just getting used to it. My hair loss is by the drainful daily. It will come to an end. At least that is what the ladies in my support group tell me. I hope so soon or I will be bald. Take care, Marisa 3/3/3 lap rny
Dana M.
on 6/28/03 8:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi. My name is Dana and I had my lap RNY on 3/31/2003 also! Hey sister! I cannot notice any hair loss yet, because my hair was always thin because of a thyroid problem. I hope that it does not fall out any more than it has in the past. But, if it does, it will grow back. Buy scarfs, hats, etc. I'd rather be bald than have stroked out from my high blood pressure. I am down 74 pounds, from 365 to 291 today. I am so happy that I had this surgery. I am feeling so much better and can walk and shop again. I had turned into an agoraphobic, staying in my house all the time before surgery. So now I am starting to live again. I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Hey, keep in touch. Bye for now, Dana
Eileen M.
on 6/28/03 9:12 am - Bronx, NY
I had my surgery on 3/17/03 and I have the same problem. I am losing alot of hair and I am also feeling alot of stress over it. Everyone tells me that it will grow back. I have my fingers crossed that it will!
Tonia B.
on 7/19/03 2:38 pm - Riverside, CA
I am also have major hair loss. My drain clogs daily. My hair is getting thinner and it worries me too. People will tell you to up your protein and vitamins but that really doesn't seem to help. I did the Atkins diet a few years back and lost a lot of hair then too and all I ate was protein and I have always taken major amounts of vitamins (including biotin). So I really believe it is just our bodies' way of coping with the stress of losing all of this weight. I'm sure it will stop or slow down eventually. Nobody on this site really has complained of being bald!
Heather Y.
on 7/29/03 7:16 am - MI
Hello Deborah, I had my surgery 3-20 I have lost 70lbs. I think im going pretty slow Anyways my Hair is falling out by the clumps. The drain has to cleaned out after every shower. I swear im loosing more then my dogs sheding all summer long. Hair is everywhere.
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views