Is anyone else out there like me?

itsmekaren
on 7/19/03 12:21 pm - Waxahachie, TX
Hi, I had open RNY 3-31-03.. I started out at 412.. Ive lost 92 pounds so far.. But the only way i can lose is : When I eat normal .. meaning just small meals 5 times aday,, which im suppose to eat 6 times aday.. I don't lose weight,, I stay the same..Its like my body is resting,, But when I decide Its time to start losing again.. I start replacing meals with protein shakes.. like 3 meals aday are shakes.. with one meal protein and another main meal being protein and carbs.. I lose like crazy.. last week 13 lbs that week.. Monday will be my 17th week post op.. Ive decided to lose 100 lbs by Wed. i bet i can do it by drinking shakes instead of eating.. I also do water aerobics everyday.. I just think I have a weird body.. anyone else like me? I also have never been able to get all my water in..
mishy07
on 7/19/03 1:18 pm - Wethersfield, CT
RNY on 03/24/03 with
I haven't particularly tried to do what you're doing. My weight loss has been going more slowly. I've lost 63 pounds - down from 260 to 197. It has definitely not been coming off as fast as it was. I am thinking maybe I should try a protein shake once a day...in the morning maybe. I think I would be hungry if I had nothing but shakes. I do get a little hungry if I don't eat at all and shakes are like nothing because they're liquid. My surgeon doesn't really want us using shakes at this point. One thing I will say to you is that I was told that if I'm a little short of my water and protein goals for the day, get the water in FIRST! It's that important. Especially if you are taking in all that protein you need the water so you don't tax your kidneys and liver. Congrats on losing so much! It must feel fantastic!
anitanbug
on 7/21/03 1:56 am - MI
Hi Karen. First of all, your weight loss is terrific!! I had surgery on 3/20 and I am down 71lbs, but from my experience I have found that the more protein and water, the more weight loss you will see. That is probably why you are seening a jump when you do the shakes. Always push the protein first!! Then of course water, water, water!! Good luck hun! You're doing great!
sails92
on 7/21/03 3:43 am - Lexington, KY
CONGRATULATIONS to you all but unfortunately I'm not like you all. I'm a very very slow loser. I've tried just doing the protein drinks and there is no major difference for me. My metobolism is just so different from the world's - LOL.....I get in over 70gms of protein daily.....I drink over 64oz of water daily....I work out for about 1-2 hrs at the gym no less than 5 days a week......and yet I still only lose about 1-2lbs a week and sometimes nothing and then it's like 5lbs in a week.....GO FIGURE BECAUSE I CAN'T - LOL.....I'm trying my best not to compare my results with others because when I do then I get depressed and constantly ask myself why is this surgery not working for me like everyone else......My surgery was March 27, 2003.....My beginning weight was 341.5lbs.....And so far I've lost 49.5lbs in 17 weeks.....I ask myself, Marilyn what else can you do?????.....There is nothing else that I can do because I'm doing it all right now.....I'm just happy that I'm not having any problems from this surgery.....I can eat just about everything that I was eating before but in smaller portions.....Overall, I'm just happy that I am losing weight and not gaining.....I've discovered that this has been an life altering change for me.....I'm eating healthier, I'm exercising, I'm drinking water and I'm taking my vitamins.....I'm just crazy enough to believe that I'm going to win this battle of the bulge with the Lord leading the way!!!!!
TammyMLitz
on 7/21/03 11:17 pm - Elgin, IL
LOL, I am just like you!!! I stay at a weight for like 10 days, drives me crazy then it will kick in again. WOW 92 pounds! I had my surgery 03/06 and have lost 85 pounds and holding...... I have not exercised yet. You are doing GREAT! Time really flies, before you know it, one year will have gone by and you'll be down another 100 pounds! Kepp up the good work! Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views