Weight loss Strugger

sails92
on 8/5/03 8:04 am - Lexington, KY
Hi Everyone.....I'm still struggling to get this weight off and it gets harder and harder each day.....I'm a 3/27/03 post-op.....I'm 5'5 and started out at 343lbs and is now 290lbs.....I've only lost about 50lbs in 4 months.....I'm doing everything that I can do and yet my weight loss is so slow.....It gets kind of depressing when I read other profile and people have lost 100lbs.....It's so hard not to compare but oh well.....I am happy that I am losing even if it's 2-3 months a month.....But I'm going to continue to get my protein and vitamins in daily and of course I'm going to continue to exercise 5 days a week and hopefully one day the scale will really start to move.....Many blessings, Marilyn in Lexington, KY.
BLSLIM77
on 8/5/03 11:54 am - SAN ANTONIO, FL
MARILYN...As of June 30 03 I have only lost 55 lbs...I'm 5'6'' & started at 445lbs on 03/26/03 when I had surgery....We all lose at our own pace & have our pitfalls to deal with ...KEEP YOUR CHIN UP...EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT....(BY THE WAY ...DON'T YOU HAVE A LOT MORE ENERGY NOW THAN BEFORE SURGERY?)
Katarzyna P.
on 8/5/03 11:27 pm - Burke, VA
Hi Marilyn, Don't despair! Examine once again everything that you are doing. 1. Are you eating enough? If you are not eating all the food that you can at each meal your metabolism may be on "strike." You have to feed it in order to make it work. Eat all you can but keep it low calorie (no sweets and very little fruit). 2. Drink more water! I read that you are having a hard time with that. I do too, but I made a deal with myself that every morning before I do anything, I dring 16 oz. of water. Then throughout the day I dring diet Snapple, Crystal Light, Fruit20, decaf, and get more or less 50 oz. in. That's a minimum! The water really speeds up the weight loss. Trust me! 3. How many calories are in your protein supplement? Sometimes those things can be really high in calories and you may be slowing down your weight loss by taking that particular kind. At 4 months post-op it is more important for you to dring water than to get a huge amount of protein in. Try to get your protein mostly from lean meats, cheeses, etc. Let me know if this advice helps at all. And don't give up, because there is no other way your weight vcould be going, but DOWN! God speed! Kasia
Jan P.
on 8/5/03 11:46 pm - ARLINGTON, TX
I have to agree with Kasia, make sure you are eating enough!!! I went for three weeks with no weight loss. I talked to my doctor and found out there is such a thing as not enough calories. Just make sure the calories are coming from high protien/low fat foods. I eat beef jerky all day every day. By the time I am ready to leave work I have had about 240 calories and 45 grams of protein just from the beef jerky. I then eat dinner with my family. Meat and veggies only. NO CARBS (rice, pasta, potato's or bread). I had my surgery 3/24/03 and have lost 80lbs. I started at 317 and am now at 237. I hope to make my goal of 100 by 6 months but really it doesn't matter. I would never of lost 80 lbs before. Keep up your good work and things will continue to drop.
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views