Losing Hair

Nancy R.
on 9/3/03 3:52 am - Pawtucket, RI
Hello everyone, I had my surgery on March 28, 2003 and have lost 83 lbs. Over the past several weeks I have started to have some significant hair loss. Does anyone have another advice? Or experiencing the same thing? I have very thick hair which is good but I cut my hair short on the advice of my hairdresser until it stops falling out. Any input will greatly be appreciated.
Jan P.
on 9/3/03 5:05 am - ARLINGTON, TX
Hi nancy, I had my surgery on 3/24/03 and have lost 90 lbs. I too am losing my hair. It started about 3 months and seems to be slowing down now. I have talked to many people who have had the surgery and they say this is very normal. It is a reaction to you body not having enough protein. Before you say you are taking in enough protein, you body takes time to react. This loss is due to the time you were on a liquid diet before you were able to eat solid food. I'm waiting for it to stop and I truely believe it will soon. Congrats on your loss. Your doing wonderful. Jan P
TammyMLitz
on 9/12/03 5:47 am - Elgin, IL
Same thing here. Doctor said it may continue for a few more months...few more months??? I'll be BALD!!!!!! I've lost 50 % already...even clogged my drains YIKES. Doctor said it will begin to grow back in a year...oh my. I have been using Paul Mitchell...protein/repair hair solution. can't remember the name off hand, came in a black and white tube. My aunt lost her hair and used rogaine. but they say if you start it you have to keep using it.. I'll wait it out and see. In the mean time, I part my hair on the side. Good luck to us all..LOL Tammy
Jennifer B.
on 9/23/03 12:07 am - St. Charles, MO
I am 6 months out TODAY! WOW, times does fly by. I have lost 115lbs and have about 55 to go. My hair did fall out after about 3 months, I had a bad receeding hair line. My hairdresser advised I use a product call Nioxin. She says it is formulated to help with significant hair loss. Alot of her clients that have gone through chemotherapy have used it too! I have been using it for about 2 months now and can see all the baby hairs growing in. Finally some hair growing back!! It is a little pricey, but the beauty supply stores like Beauty Brands or Beauty World should carry it and they put it on sale occasionally. Hope this helps!! Best of luck to you!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views