6 month Check up... With a smile.... :)

Tjonesfla
on 9/23/03 3:22 am - Jacksonville, FL
Today I am in a much better mood..... I went for my 6th Month check up at the doctors office. I am now 288lbs I have lost a total of 63lbs. My doctor told me to stop beating my self up beause I am doing great and Have continued to exercise. He has stressed that this is the most important part of the weight lost process Because my exercise will determine if I have to have plastic surgery in the future. Hopefully I won't.... How ever he did say I have a Hernia about the size of an orange. I have to wait until I have lost close to 100lbs to have this fixed, then he will be able to remove some of the extra skin on my stomach which will give me a slimmer waist line. So I can deal with the minor pain through the night for free extras with the removal of the hernia. I have gotten my eating habits back undercontrol and have refocused for my next goal. My sisters wedding is this weekend and now im not the largest woman in the wedding party as I was 6 months ago. That makes me smile at the small accomplishment. Until later Keep your head up and I will do the ssame. TJ
Jan P.
on 9/23/03 4:59 am - ARLINGTON, TX
Congrats on the new you and attitude. I too have a hernia but since I am already at 100lbs (give or take 2) gone, we are going to wait until my 1 year anniversary to do my repair. Enjoy your sisters wedding and don't worry about your size. More people will talk about what you have lost as opposed to what you still weigh. Just have fun. Jan P
summewe
on 9/29/03 2:39 am - Gambrills, MD
Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss. I'll post my 6 mo. results on 10/2/03 after my appt. What a fabulous six months it has been! I hope you enjoyed the wedding and wasn't it great not being the heaviest one there! What an accomplishement. I hope your hernia doesn't give you too much trouble.
sails92
on 9/30/03 5:10 am - Lexington, KY
Hi Tekesia - CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss. I'm so happy that the scale is moving for you. Thanks for just always responding to my emails and your words of encouragement. Many Blessings, Marilyn in Lexington, KY
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views