In Need

Judy W.
on 10/1/03 11:13 am - Elmira, NY
Hello all my name is Judy and well just this past Monday I was approved for WLS. I am excited at the thought of being able to wear the old clothes that I still have in my closet but yet so scared. Oh god who am I fooling I am terrified. I am so scared that it is holding me back from something that I know that I need. I am afraid to be put to sleep...I am also afraid that I am not going to breath after. I want this surgery so bad but yet I am so scared I am not able to be happy about what is to come with it. I hope everyone understands what I just wrote....There is alot more to this in that I just this past January had to have an emergency C-Section I was only 6 months preg and had to have my daughter early because I had two placenta abruptions..I know that this has nothing to do with the WLS but to me it does. I am terrified...Anyone with any words of wisdome please let me have them...Thank you...Judy
Tjonesfla
on 10/1/03 10:37 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Judy, I think we were all afraid of what was to come prior to having major surgery. I to was afraid of being put to sleep. You have to put your faith in a higher power and ask him to put a hedge of protection around you that you may come through saftley with out any complication. And also Pray that the lord gives your surgeon the wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding as he preform this surgery on you that he has probally preformed many times. Remember We must trust in the Lord with all our hearts, and lean not on our own understanding.. In all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your path. Many Blessing to you. Until later Keep your head up. TJ
BLSLIM77
on 10/4/03 8:56 am - SAN ANTONIO, FL
JUDY...I GUESS MOST PEOPLE ARE AFRAID BEFORE SURGERY...I LOOKED AT YOUR PROFILE & CAN TELL YOU ARE MUCH YOUNGER AND UNDERSTANDABLE, (BECAUSE OF THE AGE DIFFERENCE) STRONGER THAN ME. I , TOO, WAS SCARED TO DEATH...SCARED OF LIVING ANOTHER DAY IN THE BODY I HAD CREATED FOR MYSELF. I KNEW IF I DIDN'T HAVE THIS SURGERY I WAS GOING TO DIE ANYWAY, SO HAVING THE SURGERY WAS A NO BRAINER...I WAS NOT SCARED ONE BIT & CAME THRU WITH FLYING COLORS,,,I HAD NO COMPLICATIONS ALTHOUGH I AM 55 YRS OLD & WEIGHED 445 LBS. TRUST ME WLS WILL BE JUST AS PRECIOUS TO YOU AS YOUR NEW BABY...SO TRY NOT TO BE SCARED & JUST LOOK FORWARD TO A LONGER LIFE WITH YOUR CHILDREN...GOOD LUCK*
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views