Information that i hope can help someone

itsmekaren
on 12/17/03 6:46 am - Waxahachie, TX
12-17-03 Well I went to the Doctor yesterday. I went to see dr. Ihde because i'm having such a hard time losing now.. Course i am in my 9th month , but i still have so much to lose.. He thinks i've stretched the opening of my pouch that goes to the small intestines.. You know in the beginning soon after the surgery when you start to eat something and after the 1st or 2nd bite you get that feeling that something is in your stomach.. thats when you should stop eating.. the doctors tell you to eat slowly.. but in my case after that 1st feeling i feel of something in my stomach.. if i waited a few minutes i could eat more.. They fail to tell me that when i eat more it goes thru to my small intestines and can form a pouch there streching out and making a second pouch , there for i have 2 pouches which hold food and allows me to eat more.. If i had know that from the beginning,, I would of stopped when i first felt that small twinch after the first bite or two.. Now I have to force myself to do it,, because naturally i want more to eat now.. He says i should be eating a cup to 2 cups at a meal.. That is way to much food for me to lose on.. Plus he says i can eat smaller meals 6 to 8 times aday.. I just think that would open me up to eating more volume.. Im not sure,, I may try it, but ive been eating 3-4 times aday now with a couple of protein shakes..and losing has sure slowed to a crawl if not stopped for me.. I tried to draw a picture to show you how it looks, but i couldnt figure out how to get it in my profile .. So I hope i'm making sense to you..I go back to Dr. Ihde in 3 months .. then he can do something about it if indeed it is stretched.. I'd have to redu the surgery.. Isn't that peachy.. So all you smart people out there.. Please stop eating at the first sign of something in your stomach.. I didnt understand that I hope its not to late for me.. God Bless you and Good luck losing..
Jan P.
on 12/17/03 10:29 pm - ARLINGTON, TX
WOW, that is news to me also. I wonder if I have done that myself. I have not lost a pound since thanksgiving. I am hovering around 125 lost and 40 to go. I have an appt with my surgeon on Jan 8th. I am going to ask about this my self. I really think my problem is more motivation, with everything going on this time of the year, I haven't been on the treadmill in weeks. Hope things work out for you, have a great holiday season.
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 618 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1656 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views