March 17th /1 Year Anniversary

Tjonesfla
on 3/16/04 10:16 pm - Jacksonville, FL
March 17th 2004 MY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! I have finally made it to my one year anniversary.. Wow!!!!!! does time fly fast.. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago when I finally decided to have this surgery. I think this is the best thing I could have ever done for my self. It has been a battle but I have finally lost 100lbs didn't think I would make it but I did. So I am now officially in the century club... Yea ME!!!!!!! Looking back I have come a long way from a size 30/32 to a size 18 in pants and a 20 in shirt size. My arms are sill large and Im constantly working on them and other areas... My shoe size went from an 11W to a 9 regular.. Never thought about my shoe size going down until my shoes were constantly flopping off my feet... Bra size from 44DD to a 38D. I am now waiting for Hernia repair and a TT. Hopefully after that I will have a slimmer waist. I am really happy that I had this surgery and my self esteem has come back to life... With Confidence to boot.. I will be putting a new picture up soon but unitl then Keep your head up and I will do the same. TJ
Heather S.
on 3/17/04 12:25 am - Surprise, AZ
Congratulations on your 100 pounds!! That's so awesome, I know that you have worked hard for every pound, keep up the good work and keep us posted. Best Wishes, heather
sails92
on 3/20/04 2:44 am - Lexington, KY
Hi Tekesia, CONGRATULATIONS on making it into the century club. I wish you continual success in reaching your goal. Marilyn
summewe
on 3/23/04 3:14 am - Gambrills, MD
Tekesia - Congratulations on your weight loss and Happy Anniversary! I wish my shoe size went down. I'm still in a size 11!!!! Anyway, I too am thrilled with the weight loss even with my clown feet
Tawana M. W.
on 5/6/04 6:18 am - Staten Island, NY
Hi TJ. My name is Tawana and I had my surgery on March 17, 2003 also. Congradulations to you and I wish you continued success. I can't say that I am all that thrilled about it all. I have had many ups and downs during the past year and I am just beginning to feel like a normal person again. I went from a size 28 to a size 12. I lost a total of 175lbs in a yeah and it is absolutely amazing to me! I am not use to getting so much attention and to tell you openly, I don't like it very much. Why? The main topic is always "How much weight have you lost now"? I am tired of people - especially those who never spoke to me before - needing to question me about myself. Before surgery, when I was struggling to walk down a block, no one so much as looked twice at me or stopped to ask me anything about myself. Now, I can't make them go away and just let me live. Then there are those who have negative comments that they feel I must hear. For example, "are you sick", or "you shouldn't lose any more weight". My oldest daughter was against me having the surgery from the very beginning and it hurt me a lot, and now surgery is all she could talk about. I am a bit bitter due to the fact that there is not a great deal of support for post-ops here on Staten Island. I am in great need of a strong Post-Op support group. I am speaking of the kind of support group where I could talk to people who are 1 year and beyond. It seems to me that there is a tremendous support out there in the Pre-op stage as if it has become some sort of marketing piece for obesity. I am planning to start my own support group. I would love to here your thoughts. Peace. Juan
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views