Today Is My One Year Anniversary

summewe
on 3/30/04 8:49 pm - Gambrills, MD
Happy First Anniversary to me! It is my day and I'm thrilled at what this past year had in store for me. I started my day off in prayer, thanking God for carrying me through this amazing journey. I also thanked God for giving Dr. Singh the skills to perform this life saving surgery. I'm so thankful for Dr. Singh, Cathy (his nurse), my support group, my AMOS buddies, and my angelettes, Lisa and Bethany, who have given me more than I've given to them. I feel that our experiences in life are to be shared. In sharing our life experiences, others can learn and benefit from our joys, accomplishments, battles, doubts, and fears. That is why support groups and AMOS site friendships are so important. I hope that this experience has taught my children how important good health is and how to make proper choices in food and exercise. I hope that I've taught them through my actions that obstacles can be overcome if you are determined and have faith in God and yourself. I'm 20 lbs to goal. I've always heard people say that it is the last pounds that are the hardest to get off. I never knew what they meant until now. I will fight to lose the 20 pounds. I know what to do and how to do it. I can do it. I will do it -- for me. Thank you for being a friend.
Jan P.
on 3/31/04 12:29 am - ARLINGTON, TX
Congrats Wendy.....and happy anniversary. I can't believe we have made a full year. Where would we be now, had we not done this.....I don't know, and am glad I don't have to find out. The last 20 will come off. I had been feeling like I was done losing since I hadn't lost more than 1.5 lbs in the last 3 months, than this past weekend something happened and I have lost 6.5 since friday. Enjoy your new life. Jan P -140, pending Hernia/TT surgery 4/7/04
sails92
on 3/31/04 8:47 pm - Lexington, KY
Hi Wendy, I want to congratulate you on a happy and successful 1yr anniversary. I also want to just thank you for all of your support and encouragement that you've shown me through my first year also. Many Blessings, Marilyn Lexington, KY 3/27/03 (-78lbs) Grand Total Loss: 102lbs.
Cynthia B.
on 4/3/04 8:03 am - Hickory, NC
Dear Wendy, I am so happy for you. Yes, one year ago we were all struggling in many ways. It is so amazing to see what God has brought us through. Thanks for your encouraging words to many who write. Blessings, Cyndi
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views