WOW!!! Eight years Yesterday!!!

wlsurvivor
on 3/1/12 9:37 pm - Marshall, VA
I feel so blessed to have had this surgery!!! I admit I have regained about 25 lbs but am on the way to taking it back off-lost 6 pounds this week at WW and am determined not to let it creep back up.  On a different note, most of you know I became alcoholic after WLS.  I am equally proud to say that as of  Feb 25th, I have been sober for FIVE years!!!!!!!!!!!! What a life!  I was unemployed for a year and was devastated to lose my job of 20 years but did not find it necessary to take a drink or regain 120 pounds!  The weight gain came after finding a new job and just sitting at a desk all day!!! LOL!  Gotta find a way to MOVE this old 59 year old body more without exercising....not happening, eh?  Alas, I will get there somehow!  Hope everyone here is doing well and in good health and spirits!  Happy March!!!
reenieb
on 3/2/12 4:38 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
God, Karen, so good to see your beautiful face again! CONGRATULATIONS on 5 flippin' years of sobriety! WOW! I remember so well what you went through and am so proud of what you've accomplished. Yes, like you I've gained 25 lbs. and am struggling mightily. The key is MOVING especially for us old farts who are in full blown menopause! Everything slows down, ev - er - ry - thing... Listen, if you ever want to talk email me - would love to reconnect. So, so happy to hear from you again. God, I love this Board!
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
pammy157
on 3/2/12 11:24 am - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with
5 yearsasober now that is an accompishement!!!! congratulations
im enjoying reading these posts. like everyone else we creap away from this site but its still very good to know that our group comes back at least once a year so many of the others do nothave any postings.
weigh****chers has worked for you?i've been thinking of going but feel guilty cause i had surgery and thats supose to have cured me...please note sarcasmmmmm
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 847 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 962 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 658 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 804 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 784 views