9 Years!!!

wlsurvivor
on 3/1/13 5:32 pm - Marshall, VA

Wow!  What a ride!  I'd do it all again!  Just lost 25 lbs of regain thru a medically supervised program at our local hospital so I'm feeling good to be back down.  Hope everyone else is doing ok.  Other than always fighting my vitamin D issue, I am healthy.  

reenieb
on 3/8/13 7:21 pm
RNY on 03/08/04 with

Hi Karen, happy anniversary! I didn't even realize today was my own until I went into my email and found a message from OH. Glad you're doing well, I need to get 25 lbs. of regain off as well, it's a struggle every day. My Vitamin D levels have improved since I bumped up my daily supplement to 5,000 g. - especially important in these dreary winter months when I don't get outside. My protein and albumin levels are always low as well and is contributing to a serious muscle issue that seems to have developed in my legs. The human body is an amazing piece of work - how everything must work together all the time to stay healthy. Very good to hear from you, would love to hear more about how you took the regained weight off. Zap me an email at: [email protected]

Take care of you!!!!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
pammy157
on 3/31/13 10:38 pm - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with

Happy Anniversary Karen!

I like Renee forgot about these dates until I received an email from obesityhelp.

It sounds like you're right on track and doing what needs to be done. This extra 20 pounds is so very difficult for me to get rid of. I dream of the beginning when I'd wake up in the morning and have dropped 5 pounds over night! ahhhh those were the days!

Recently I purchased a fitbit and their scale that links everything on line. I'm able to track how many steps (10k is idea) weight plus what I eat on my iphone, ipad, computer all of it! It has helped me alot to stay on track. I'm checking it daily to see what i'm doing for steps. Its helped me to continue goin to the gym on a almost daily basis. I'm not trying to sound like a commercial I'm just saying how its been a help for me with tracking,

The struggle is even though I'm excersiing and dieting and doing all that i should I have a heck of a time losing weight! I know part of that is my age its so much more difficult to lose after the 30's. But I keep plugging along.

I know that with the 125 pounds gone I've extended my life and now its my job to keep working at it to make my life not only extended but healthier.

off the soap box!

congratulations heres to another 9 years! and many more

wlsurvivor
on 3/31/13 10:49 pm - Marshall, VA

Great job, Pam!  Sounds like you are doing all the right things!  I, too, am getting older and the weight loss is harder and harder to achieve.  I had to do an 800 calorie a day liquid diet to lose my weight.  It was all medically supervised, with exercise but still very radical.  I can't wait to hear next year, at our big ten 0 how everyone has fared!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 847 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 962 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 658 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 804 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 784 views