Plateu forever

Donna1961
on 5/22/06 10:23 pm - the villages, FL
I guess I am at the weight I am going to be forever. I have been 197 pounds for months now. I feel great and wear regular size clothes so I can't really complain but it is weird to eat so little and stay the same weight. I plan to join the wellness center and get more exercise but I was exercising before and did not lose. Oh well, 197 is much better then 305. Donna
Toni M
on 5/23/06 2:22 am - Gallatin, TN
I know exactly how you feel. I still want to lose another 18-20 lbs, which will put me slightly below my doctor's goal. But it is kinda discouraging that I'm stuck where I am. Exercise is my downfall right now too, I need to get into a routine but have always had difficulty staying motivated with exercise. Congratulations on your loss and really great attitude. Toni
on 5/23/06 12:51 pm - baltimore, MD
I have to admit I am in the EXACT same spot. I stopped losing weight at about 9 months out and have been between 197 and 203 for months. I'm still in a size 18 but I think alot of it is extra skin because I'm in a size 10 or 12 top. Who knows what that is all about. However I was able to put on a pair of low rise pants the other day and not look completely foolish. Faith L 350/197/175
corgimom
on 5/23/06 10:02 pm - Memphis, TN
Donna, You are not alone. I also have been stuck at around the same weight for the last few months. I lose and gain the same 2 pounds. I would love to lose 25 more pounds. Like others, exercise is my downfall. I am never very consistent. Hang in there, corgimom
Donna1961
on 5/24/06 8:48 pm - the villages, FL
I am not alone!!!! Thanks for the replies. I hate we are not loosing but glad I am not the only one. I would so like to lose another 25-35 pounds. Let me know if any of you find a way to jump start the weight loss. Donna
Michelle U.
on 5/26/06 3:31 am - Corning, NY
Hi Donna, I havent lost any weight since around Thanksgiving. In fact I have gained between 8 and 10lbs...which makes me ill. But I do go to the gym 6 times a week...right now just treadmill and swimming but meeting with a trianer next week for a weight routine. I though my problem was stress from moving to a new state but now that I have been watching myself I know it is carbs. They dont bother me...and neither does sugar. I so wish I was someone who dumped. I never have even if I eat a candy bar...UGH!! I keep telling myself that I didnt go thru all of this to gain weight back!! I wear a size 10 or 12 but was in a size 8 at christmas time...I know, I should be happy...but IM NOT!!! I just was told I have a fibroid tumorin my uterus and although I know that is not a serious thing and can be taken care of I am stressed thinking about having to have another possible operation. OK, sorry, needed to vent a bit. Whew...thanks, I feel a bit better having typed that. Hugs, Michelle
BullDog Lady
on 6/2/06 6:16 am - Somewhere GREAT!
Donna You are most defintly not ALONE! I , like others, have lsot and gained the same few pounds for months. Jsut reccently my weight has started dropping a lil at a time. There is still hope---we jsut have to keep at it! Becky
Kat C
on 6/18/06 1:16 pm - Tuscaloosa, AL
Hi Donna, I have been feeling the same lately! I went from 351 to 217 in about 15 months, and then bounced around for gosh, 8-10 weeks from 217 to 221 and back. Finally at my last surgeon check-up 2 weeks ago, I was back down to 217. Then last week I was down to 214, a new low. Frankly, I am hoping for many more new lows, since I'd like to get down to about 170. That's 45 more lbs or so for me to lose. I get so discouraged sometimes, but then BAM - a "sudden" drop. I could do MUCH better about exercising. I have been pretty good about food, water, supplements & vitamins - regular exercise has been my weak point. I'm planning to keep working at it, and I'm hoping that I can keep the losing going thru that next 45 pounds by putting some serious energy into exercising. Thanks for your post. Hang in there! Congrats on your accomplishment so far! Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 545 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 638 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 558 views