recent surgery

BeckyKyles
on 6/6/06 8:30 am - Houston, TX
I had to have emergency surgery for an internal hernia a few days ago. I was having a lot of pain, but didn't want to go to the ER, so I waited to go to my surgeon the next afternoon. As soon as I got to his office, the pain stopped. I felt very foolish, because he made a special trip there just to see me. I drank some water in his office, still no pain. He suggested I go next door for a CT test and as soon as I got over there (about 10 min. later) the pain started again. I called him and told me forget about the tests, that he wanted me to go the hospital to have a scope to see if I had an ulcer and if I didn't, he was going to do surgery at 5p that night. I knew I was in pain, but I hadn't ever thought it would require surgery. Turns out that part of my intestines had fallen into a spot in body that it shouldn't have been in, and it was pinched off - so nothing could pass through. He did the surgery "lap" and I was back home the next day. Feeling much better now. The good news is that he looked through that whole area and said that the chances of it happening again were extremely unlikely. I am so glad that I have insurance again - I could not have afforded this "surprise" surgery otherwise. Becky
Lisa4kds
on 6/6/06 2:56 pm - Raleigh, NC
AWWWWWWWWWW--I know your pain---I know you will be feeling better---I had one hernia repair prior to bypass and another done after bypass---and now I am going for a triple--lol---waiting it out for hopefully abdminoplasty at the same time---but if it acts ugly--I will be on the table before that----Hernias are a pain --litereally! Best wishes and take care! Lisa
cocochannel
on 6/9/06 11:21 am - middletown, NY
Hi Becky Glad your feeling better and everything went ok ,sound like you also had a blockage too.I went through the same thing last year had abd. pain after I ate but had gotten worst a week later where I was nasuea and vomitting.I had blockage with double hernia funny ha!. Going for my appt. last month,to ask about my tummy tuck for Dec.instead hearing good news my doctor tells me I have a hernia and it need repair by end of the month.What a blow to the head,I wasn"t prepared for this.Surgery was 5/30 and recovery at home is boring .I was grounded can't lift anything what a bore. Well hope everything goes ok with you.Feel much better. Smooches Claire
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 545 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 637 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 558 views