My hair is terrible

sweetdixieflowerinak
on 6/16/06 12:42 am - Anchorage, AK
Is anyone having trouble with their hair still. I used to have baby fine hair before surgery, but I had a lot of it so it looked pretty. I started losing hair at about 2 & 1/2 months out of my surgery and stopped losing about 4 months later. It was growing back and I had little baby hairs coming out every where. Then around Christmas my dog got really sick and I loved her so much it was just killing me inside know what was going to happen. It took me a month to come to terms that she was not going to get better and had to put her down in January. About 2 months later my hair started falling out again. I know it was from the stress of my baby being sick. Anyway, it stopped falling out about a month later. I still have lots of baby hair growing in, but now it just seems the hair that was long has stopped growing. I have not had my bangs cut in over 2 months. Used to I'd have to get them cut every 4 weeks because they would grow so fast. I'm very concerned. I am getting the protein recommended by my nutritionist and taking the following vitamins: Calcium citrate, Prenatal vitamin w/iron, Super B Complex, Zinc, Biotin, & B-12. I just wondered if this is a concern for anyone else. I had blood work back in March and all was good. It's very frustrating. I thought I'd be back on the road to nice hair by now. I did try using Nioxin Shampoo and Conditioner, but it seemed to make my hair dry and brittle so I stopped using it. Anyone have any suggestions. It's really bugging me. Thanks in advance. Kelli
Toni M
on 6/16/06 1:36 am - Gallatin, TN
I'm so sorry to hear about your furry baby. I know how hard that is, I had to put my baby down last fall. The stress is definitely a factor when it comes to hair. What shampoo and conditioner are you currently using? I too have very fine hair but it's always been on the thin side to begin with. It was really bad for a while but it's finally getting back to somewhat normal. I am using Patene full and thick and it gives pretty good body. You said you are getting the protein recommended but maybe you could try bumping it up some and see if that helps. Also, are you getting all your water? I have found that can make a difference in the texture, for me anyway. One other thing that I remember hearing one time, from a stylist, was that at certain times of the year your hair does grow slower but I don't remember the details about it. Check with your stylist and see what s/he recommends.
sweetdixieflowerinak
on 6/17/06 1:03 am - Anchorage, AK
Thanks Toni. I am using the Pantene shampoo now too. I am thinking of switching back to my Biolage shampoos and conditioners. Maybe that will help. I do get all of my water in. I talked to my stylist and he said that hair should grow faster in the summer so he is stumped. He asked if I'd had my thyroid checked lately and I had blood work in March, but I am not sure they checked that. I will call my Doctor Monday and ask her. If not I'm going to see if she'll order it for me. I am also working on getting my protein up. I try so hard with food, but it seems like I can never eat enough to get it in. I supplement with shakes. *sigh* But all in all I would do it again. I can't tell you how much better I feel having 164 pounds to not lug around anymore. I can't remember the last time I weighed this little. I'm down to 187. I think if I were to have a tummy tuck I'd lose about 15-20 pounds right there. I have a lot of excess skin on my stomach. I could probably lose about 5-10 lbs if I had my arms and legs done. One thing at a time though. I'm not sure my insurance will cover it. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to work on my protien more. Take care. Kelli
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 545 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 638 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 558 views