16 month update

Jeannie Hubnik
on 7/7/06 7:30 am - Belton, TX
update on me July 7, 2006 Wow it has been a long time since I updated. I am 16 months out and maintaining at 153, I was content at 165 but when I was in the hospital I lost 15 and have only managed to get back 5 of it. I have lost a total of 162 lbs. I feel great and do not regret my choice to have this surgery. So many things have happened. Most good but some bad. DJ and I went on vacation. We went to London and then to Serbia. The trip was awesome. I had room to spare in the seats on the plane, even room enough to turn sideways and sleep. My tail bone did get sore from sitting on the long flight but I bought a pillow for the flight back and it helped. DJ's family was amazed at the difference and a few even asked what happened to his other wife *lol* We walked EVERYWHERE and I never got tired, short of breath or anything I was always ready for more walking. In London we climbed up Greenich which last time we went I hyperventilated and this time I went up the hill with NO PROBLEMS!!! I was so excited. London was great but Serbia was AWESOME. It is a little like stepping back in time. But it is beautiful, his family was great the language barrier was frustrating at times but many people there know some english. I met so many nice people and had so much fun. Everyone there is so laid back and casual about everything. The major pastimes are sitting at the cafe's people watching and drinking beer, coffee or tea. Where else can you order a bottle of beer and a glas of tea for $2.00. Great fun. We came home from Serbia and that weekend I went speed boating with a friend it was such an amazing time. I had never been boating before and I loved it. The faster the better. We also went to the gun range. I enjoy target shooting and we had a good time with that too. I got a new tattoo, got an eeyore on my right shoulder. DJ also got a tattoo. I went to work on Monday and at lunch at noodle soup. I got a really bad pain in my abdominal area. It scared me but thought I just ate too much. It passed and I went home later made a nice dinner did my housework but as soon as we ate I again got the aweful pain but this time it didn't stop. I thought maybe I was constipated and asked DJ to take me to walmart to get an enima. While we werwe there the pain got so bad I couldn't stand I went to the car while DJ paid and by the time he got out I was crying and couldn't stand it. I asked him to take me to the hospital. We were checked in and I was crying so hard the pain was getting worse and worse. They took me back and gave me a dye to drink and some meds for the pain but it didn't help much. They found that the protective flap of skin in my ab had connected itself to scar tissue and cause a pocket and part of my intestine had fallen down in the pocket. They did emergency surgery at 5 a.m.. The surgeon said all he had to do was clip the tissue and everything fell right back into place. He also said that Dr. Naaman did an amazing job on my surgery and it was beautiful work. I was in the hospital a week and lost 15 lbs while I was in there. I was so glad to get to go home. I was out of work another week. This was the first open surgery I* had ever had and it hurt a heck of a lot more than any other surgery I have had. I have a 6 inch scar from my sternum to my belly button. I also have a new job. I left Keedo and am now the Branch Office Manager of TruGreen ChemLawn in Round Rock. I love the new job. It was a great move up and the salary and benefits and parks are AWESOME. The people I work with and for are all great and there is NO STRESS. I love it and am so blessed to have gotten this position. Last night I went and got my very first BRAND NEW CAR!!! I got a 2006 Toyota Corolla. It is metalic blue and I love it!! It only had 11 miles on it Life is truely amazing and I am so happy. DJ is the most wonderful husband in the world and a total blessing to me. My son has his first real girlfriend. She is really sweet and has him totally wrapped around her finger. He is also working as a bagger and stocker at HEB. He has really grown up a lot this summer. I have read the boards and everyone here is so amazing I hope things go well for everyone!! Take Care Jeannie 315-153
telsll
on 7/7/06 9:40 pm - Lusby, MD
Jeannie, congrats on the weight loss and on the many firsts that you have experienced recently. I can tell that life is so good for you right now (maybe not the hospital trip, but so glad that it was caught fairly quickly and did not deteriorate into something much worse). I checked out your profile, and wanted to let you know that the dedication to your Dad was beautiful. It shows that you really loved him. Keep of the good work and take care. TraciL
Jeannie Hubnik
on 7/8/06 1:19 am - Belton, TX
thanks Traci!
Kat C
on 7/12/06 2:26 pm - Tuscaloosa, AL
Hi Jeannie, It's great to read your news - so much good stuff going on! You are looking fantastic. I hope you feel as good as you look! Congratulations on all you've accomplished! Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 545 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 638 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 558 views