Tummy Problems

Joy264
on 7/10/06 7:49 am - carlisle, PA
HI, All-Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with heartburn, indigestion. I took Prilosec every day for months. I asked my doctor if I should continue with it, and he said do what I thought best. I tried doing without it, and was fine, but now I am starting to have regular burning in my stomach. Sometimes, I can't tell if I am hunrgry or have indigestion! am going back on the Prilosec to see if it helps. If not, I guess I will be going to the doctor.
Toni M
on 7/11/06 1:01 am - Gallatin, TN
Have you noticed if certain foods bring on the problem or if it's just a generalized issue? Was it your WLS surgeon who advised you to "do what you thought best" or was it your primary care doctor? I think I would give the surgeon a call and discuss the issue. I'm not trying to add stress or worry you but if you are in pain with heartburn, I would think there was a problem. Take care. Toni
beach_37
on 7/14/06 6:12 am - Belvidere, NJ
I agree with Toni, you need to speak to your sugeon. I don't think it's normal to have that much discomfort. I hope you find the trouble and feel better soon! Jean
BullDog Lady
on 8/20/06 11:09 pm - Somewhere GREAT!
Hi Vicki I too have the problem where my tummy burns {doesnt hurt mind you} but is irritating indeed. My surgen had me do another barium swallow where there was nothing found. I am sitll having that problem off and on but not as bad a s before. he claims that it is my diet but I dont see how. I have a follow up in a couple of weeks with him Good Luck! Becky
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 545 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 637 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 558 views