6 Years today

jeanzarz
on 3/3/11 4:14 am - Dayton, MN
It's been 6 years today since my surgery and I'm very very happy and pleased that I had it done. Since then I have had a panniculectomy and that has changed my life once again. I wanted to also have a mastopexy but the insurance company wouldn't approve it which I need to have done. If anyone is thinking of having the gastric bypass surgery do it don't wait because the longer you do the harder it might be to have it done. If anyone knows of doctors that would do a mastopexy on a payment plan please please let me know.

Everyone have a great life I sure will be...

JZ
Ruby R.
on 3/3/11 8:04 am
Glad your six years have gone so good.  Mine has been good, too.  I have had a tummy tuck and a breast lift.  I have to watch what I eat to keep my weight down.  I still weigh every day and right it down.  I walk and go to the gym some.  I had a hysterectomy in November and did not walk or exercise for about three months.  I did not gain any weigh.  In fact I lost a little.  My lowest weight was 125 and I was up to 145 a year or so ago.  But am down to 133 today.

Funny though, a couple of years ago I could wear size 8 pants.  Now I wear size 12 pants.  My husband says my bottom has gotten bigger.  I do not know what this is all about.  The PA at my surgeon's told me to try yoga/pilates type exercises.  So I went to a class today.  I fell on some ice in January and had a slight brain concussion.  My balance is off a little and I get a little dizzy, so I have to be careful in class.

I have constipation problems since surgery.  And since hysterectomy, I have a leaking bladder.  Urologist says the full colon is pushing on my bladder and is causing the leakage.  He is trying to help me with that problem.

I am having labs done Monday.  So far they have been good.  I know this sounds crazy, but I sometimes wonder if I get older and am unable to make sure I get all my protein and vitamins, what will happen then.  I know people in nursing/assisted living places.  Some of them have a hard time managing their diabetes, etc.  My husband is 12 years older than me and my only daughter is 2400 miles away, so some day I may end up alone.  As my husband says, I am thinking too far ahead and borrowing trouble.  lol    

Really I am very happy with my surgery.  I am glad I did it and would do it again if necessary.  Did not mean to write a book.  

JZ, again I am glad we are both doing so well.  Take care

Ruby
RNY  3/11/2005
262/125/133
hi/lo/today           
jeanzarz
on 3/3/11 10:22 am - Dayton, MN
Thanks for your reply it's good to know that you are doing so good. I only weigh myself weekly and usually about he same time each week. My husband has been behind me on everything that I have had done and helps to make sure that I get all the protein that I need.
Who did your breast lift and did your insurance cover the cost?
Keep me informed on how your doing.

JZ
Ruby R.
on 3/3/11 7:20 pm
My BL was done in GA.  Insurance did not pay for it, but PS was worth what I paid.  I need a face lift, but I am not going there.  I am afraid I would not look like myself after surgery. 

DH has been supportive all I have done.

It is nice to know there are some people as far out as we are and are doing so well.  Keep me posted on how things continue to go for youl.

Ruby
RNY 3/11/2005
262/125/133
hi/lo/today     
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 458 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 541 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 635 views