Checking in-7 years later

Therese L
on 3/17/12 9:36 pm - Chicago, IL
hi everyone, I am checking in as I try to do each year.  I had surgery in March of 2005.  My highest weight was 285  and my lowest weight after the surgery was 155.  Right now, I am at 170.  I have been struggling a little bit the past year going up and down. I am very happy and pleased with the results but it is not easy to maintain...you still have to watch or the scales go up.  My health is good. My overall lifestyle is much better than it was as  morbidly obese person.  I was married for the first time this year at the age of 50 and I am not so sure that would have happened if I had not had the surgery.  I also am working at a job that I am absolutely positive I would not be at if it were not for the surgery.  I am not different but the way I am treated by others is very different.  As I reflect on life I realize more and more how much discrimination there is towards the obese.  It's alarming....the last frontier of discrimination. I am glad I had the surgery. My life is better because of it. that being said, what really matters in life is what is inside....being able to look better in clothes does not make you a better person....just a more fashionable one.  The thing I do like is that I do not have to worry about being the largest person in the room, or buckling my airline belt or fitting in to a booth or going to a Dr. visit. Best of luck to all. My best advice to those having teh surgery is to pick a good doc.  Mine was awesome! Happy Sunday.
Terry
cher22
on 3/22/12 5:12 pm - Oak Park, IL
 Hello and congrats on 7 yrs post op!! 
Love what you have posted really well said!! 
Thank you 
I soo relate 
Thank you again 
 Big hugs and congrats
 Cher
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 458 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 540 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary