8 YEAR MARCH ANNIVERSARY

happygal
on 3/3/13 5:48 am, edited 3/3/13 8:49 am - spring creek, NV

MARCH  2013 IS MY 8 YEAR ANNIVERSARY.  I WAS 260'S WHEN I HAD SURGERY

GOT BACK UP TO 205  REALIZED I WAS GONNA STAY IN THE TWOS N UP OR START THE OTHER DIRECTION.

IM AT 185 NOW.  I  WILL CHECK BACK IN NEXT MARCH 2014 AND HOPE TO BE ENJOYING SUCCESS!

WATCHING CARBS LOSING 5 PER MONTH SLOW AND STEADY SHE GOES.

WAS SO BUMMED TO OF GAINED THE WEIGHT BACK AND COULDN'T BELIEVE I WAS GOING TO BE THE ONE THAT GAINED THE WEIGHT BACK.  IM VERY HAPPY TO BE WORKING MY WAY BACK DOWN.  THIS LOW CARB IS WORKING SO WELL FOR ME AND I BELIEVE IT WOULD BE HARDER IF NOT FOR THE SURGERY THOUGH IT WAS 8 YEARS AGO.   IM NOT DOING ATKINS OR ANYTHING IM JUST STAYING UNDER 40 CARBS A DAY AND USUALLY 30.  THE RECIPES PEOPLE HAVE PUT OUT ON THE INTERNET ARE SO GOOD!    HOPE EVERYONE *****ADS THIS IS DOING GREAT OR PREPARING TO DO GREAT!

Ruby R.
on 3/13/13 9:14 pm

Just decided I would check this board.  Glad to see your post.  Seems a lot of people do not want to look back.  My journey has been a blessing.  Really it has been a struggle, but I keep trying to keep the weight off.  I have gained about 20 pounds and most of it in the last year. I had a very sick husband, long hospital, lots of vending machines, and no exercise.  I have outgrown all my pants, but trying to get back in them.  

I still drink protein drinks--Mostly Adkins Advantage rtd.  I eat a lot of Greek Yogurt, canned tuna and lots of chicken.

Wonderful about the five a month.

Happy Anniversary

Ruby

RNY 3/11/2005

262/128/146

hi/lo/today

5'1"  

happygal
on 4/26/13 12:09 am - spring creek, NV

Today is April 26th, 2013 so my check in is early!  I now weigh 179.  Slow process but process.  Still doing low carb with once a month cheat days.  I don't take too advantage of the cheat days .   I have connected the high carbs to the feeling sluggish, tired, down and mad cravings for more junk food.  I used to tell my husband that I swore I was addicted to chocolate and chips, never realizing I was just addicted to the carbs.  First 4 days were kind of rough so I ate a lot of anything I  wanted that had little or no carbs..cheese, chorizo, eggs, taco salads without the shells (pork rinds smashed and thrown in) , chicken or steak fajita salads. There is different ideas on all that fat content but for me I feel comfortable with the choices and I feel great.  After the first week I found myself more and more content with the big salads with less sausage and chorizo and more veggies, but I still love my meats!  At this time I think 160 will be comfortable for me so on I go.

happygal
on 11/22/13 9:58 am - spring creek, NV

Checking in again remarking on my last March comment.  I weigh 159 at this time.  The low carb way of eating has changed not just my weight but my emotional position as well.  I never realized how much the carbs influenced my moods.  If I have a weekend where I just go off with sweets or chips I find within the second day Im moody, irritable, maybe even feeling depressed.  Once I start with the cheats it can be difficult to go back the first two days but I do.  I dont know if anyone reads these but if someone does and they are feeling defeated by weight gain I would encourage you to study the low carb way of eating.  At first just to get me through I ate a lot  ( a whole lot) of meats and cheeses.  After two weeks of that I did a slow process of less meats and cheeses and truly enjoying cucumbers and salad and using spaghetti squash for noodles and making cauliflower pizzas and enjoying most all vegetables.  That is so not me but something has changed. I still eat my meats and cheeses though.  If one person reads this and tries it and it changes them the way it has me I will be thrilled.  I dont do low- low carb but my everyday eating is carb minded. I get a lot of recipes from a site "lindas low carb" I think its genaw.com but lindas low carb brings it up.  Im thankful for the surgery and thankful for discovering that this way helps me.

happygal
on 5/31/14 11:00 am - spring creek, NV

Adding to the above.....5/31/2014.....Weight  145....Low carbing still.  First week is tough when I go off but once back on I feel great.

Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 458 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 541 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 635 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 555 views