My date-3/16 and already nervous

Delicia H.
on 2/11/05 7:26 pm - New Britain, CT
It seems I have been waiting fforever to have a surgrery date and now that I have it I am freaking out. I know I have a little over a month to go before the surgery, but I honestly did not expect it to happened so fast. I just had my appointment with my surgeon on 2/7 and got my date on 3/16. I know other people who are having surgery with the same doctor and their dates are in May. It makes me wonder why I'mg oing in so soon. I'mf reeling a little paranoid and now I also feel rushed because I have to get my FMLA paperwork completed and my short term disability paperwork completed. I hope there is not too much of a lapse for my insurance or I'm going to be financially in trouble. Has anyone else ever used Colonial Disability? How good are they about paying you? I'm sorry if I'm rambling, but I have all of these questions rolling in my head. Please
Tracey Anello
on 2/13/05 6:36 am - Cottage Grove, MN
Hi Delicia. I am in Minnesota. I also have March 16th for a date. I would like you to know that I am already nervous also. I have been going through all the preliminary things kind of like a robot. Now that I have an actual date it is nerve racking. Now it is real. Things have a way of working out. I also feel rushed. I feel rushed because I feel like there are so many things I need to do before surgery. If you are really feeling too rushed maybe you could push your date back. I think being nervous is normal. Good luck to you. Tracey
Delicia H.
on 2/13/05 7:49 am - New Britain, CT
Although I'm nervous and feel like I'm on a roller coaster, there is no way that I'm going to push my date back. I think no matter what my date would be I would feel like this. It's just the nerves of making a major life change like getting married or having children. I'm going to be nervous, but my mind is made up and I'm going forward. I will work like a mad woman to get my life in order before surgery and what I don't get in order will just have to wait until I'm back on my feet! Good luck to you on your surgery date!!! Will be operation buddies
jannywanny
on 2/13/05 10:51 am - oakdale, CA
Tracey and delicia. I also have March 16th and of course I am really sick to my big tummy and very nervous too I know god will be with us all...... god bless you both Janice
Tracey Anello
on 2/13/05 12:44 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
Janice and Delicia I will be thinking about both of you. I agree with you Delicia about not pushing your date back. Like there would be a date where you wouldn't be nervous. I actually had many sleepless nights in the past. All I could think about was this surgery. I am starting to get excited now along with my nervousness. Too bad they can't do the surgery around midnight because I can't imagine going to be the night before. Talk to you soon. Tracey
lillbitofsin
on 2/13/05 10:56 pm - East Stroudsburg, PA
Wow I was only going to respond to Delicia but look at all of us scheduled for 3/16 (me too thats my date as well) I know exactly where you are coming from Delicia I am nervous and scared to death. But so excited too. I just have to keep telling myself that in order to live I have to have this surgery. In order to have a life of good quality I must take this step. If you EVER need to talk please feel free to email me. I Also want to wish Tracey and Janice congratulations on your upcoming surgeries as well may god guide your surgeons hands and may your recoveries be speedy! You 3 will definately be on my mind as they are wheeling me back to surgery..... LOL I really think its cool that I now know of 3 other people sharing my date!!!!
Delicia H.
on 2/14/05 8:39 am - New Britain, CT
Misery always loves company. ..hopefully none of us will be too miserable, but at least we know we will be going through a similar experience at the same time
Julia N.
on 2/15/05 12:06 pm - Traverse City, MI
Well here's another March 16th. I glad to see others with my date. I will be thinking of all four of you when I'm at the hospital. I can't wait, I have fighting to get a date since August. I'm not nervous maybe the day before, but not now. I wish you all well, but I know it will be fine. And the life we will after will be worth any cost.
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 545 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 637 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 558 views