Hi Marchers!

JoyCook
on 2/14/05 5:34 am - Little Rock, AR
I am also a Marcher--from last year's group. My surgery was March 1. I just wanted to congratulate each of you and wish you the very best of luck on the grand adventure you are starting. I know that most of you are experiencing a combination of excitement and nervousness. That is natural. Most of you will never look back with any hesitation. Even those of you who have a more difficult time, will eventually be glad that you did this. You are being given a new chance at life. Grab it and make the most of it! My advice: Take a silly hat to the hospital to wear on your walks. It will make you smile and will make others smile. Drink as much as you can. Walk even more than they make you. Don't judge the success of the process based on the first few weeks. I promise, you WILL feel normal again! Realize that the surgery is on your stomach, not your head. You may still have food issues to work through, but you will get there. Hang on to your britches--they will soon be falling off! Get to know each other on this board. Share your fears and struggles. You are in a position to understand each other better than anyone else. The support from here will be invaluable to you. May God bless each one of you! Joy
BullDog Lady
on 2/14/05 8:18 am - Somewhere GREAT!
HI Joy I feel your words are so true. Congrats on your date as well. Mine is on March 2nd. I have felt all kinds of emotions as of late. I don't really beleive that it has set in on me as of yet but I know it is coming. NOthing that I can not over come though----I want nothing more than to go through with this WLS journey. I have traveled so far to get here---and no it is MY TIME! WOOHOOOOO as well as any others having it now too of course... Wishin you very well on your surgery on March 1st. May your hospital stay be quick and your weight loss even QUICKER! Becky
JoyCook
on 2/14/05 9:18 am - Little Rock, AR
Hi Becky! My date WAS March 1, 2004! I have been there, done that. I'm telling you from experience, this is the opportunity of your lives! Today I am a size 8 without sleep apnea, high blood pressure or arthritis. This time next year you will be where I am. Joy
Tracey Anello
on 2/14/05 1:40 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
Joy, I have to say you make me feel good! I am having surgery on March 16th, so I'm sure that you know how I am feeling. Nervous but excited at the same time. I just keep reading all these message boards every day because they reinforce my decision. Congratulations on your accomplishment. I hope I will be like you. Tracey
Vivian M.
on 2/15/05 7:12 am - Middle Village, NY
Hi Joy. I just came from my visit with the surgeon and everything is a GO. March 24th is my surgery date.. Nervous, Apprehensive, Happy, Excited, Fearful... etc. etc... Thanks so much for the kind words.. Did you have lap or open? Vivian McCormack
JoyCook
on 2/20/05 6:22 am - Little Rock, AR
I had open RNY surgery. (and an open hysterectomy at the same time!) I don't know which surgery did me the most good, but I recovered really fast. I was doing 1 hour walks up and down hilly trails within 3 weeks of surgery. You will do great! Joy
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 547 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 639 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 559 views