14 MORE DAYS!!!!

manderjo21
on 2/21/05 1:51 am - Pontotoc, MS
Only 14 more days!!!!! Help, hubby is not being supportive. It would be nice to hear from someone who has dealt with a spouse who is less than supportive. Any advice would be appreciated. I've tried to explain to him the risks I feel like I'm facing if I don't do something about my weight, but nothing seems to be working. Help!!
LadyBug's M.
on 2/21/05 3:00 am - Greenville, SC
Hello Amanda, My surgery is on the same day. My husband is as supportive as he can be . I really think they are all clueless and think we are looking for the easy way out. They also deal with the stress of this in their own way and I hope that this is how our husbands have chosen to deal the the choices we have made. The fact is Amamda we can only do this for ourselves. We do love them but sometimes it's hard to get through that thick skull. in the mean time just relax you have a big event comming up e-me anytime LadyBug's Mommy Rachel
Rachael P.
on 2/21/05 7:08 am - Hopewell Jct, NY
Hi Amanda - I just found out my insurance approved me on Friday and I told my husband. That was the first time we had spoken about the whole surgeryt thing really. He is supportive....BUT...Well he decided he wanted to pull a, "this better not change you" sort of thing. He is getting really insecure that I will lose all this weight and turn into a wild woman. Men have a totally different way of dealing with things they don't understan. Don't let him stress you out. In the long run, you will both be happier with the new you. Best of luck!!!!!!!!
happygal
on 2/21/05 9:57 pm - spring creek, NV
I have to agree with the men dont like change theory! I have had to do a lot of reasurring myself that I wont change too. Sometimes men at work know that so and so's wife left when she got a job or after she got education or when she started hanging out with different friends , the list goes on and on so when changes come up they do get stressed. I just told my husband I cant wait to be healthy and beautiful and one of the greatest plesasures in that will be to show all those men out there that left there wives becasue they got older or heavier or whatever, that they should of hung in there cause somtimes we pull out of our protective layers and get reaquainted with what we once were! My husband has never made me feel less than becasue of my weight, which is the right way to be casue I was never less than anything, but I know how he could of turned into a jerk anyways if he wanted to. I will reassure him now and when it happens I will reassure him then. I think Id be nervous too if he made a big change like this. but if he used negativity to show his worries I would allow for a bit of it but then I would put the hammer down and tell him, one last time he has no worries and he had better quit taking my joy away!
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 548 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 639 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 559 views