1 year out today

Susan E.
on 3/22/06 10:27 am - Purcellville, VA
Well here I sit 1 year later trying to put my thoughts together and reflect on how my life has changed. Wow, I could have never imagined myself at this weight ever, without this surgery. It has been clearly the BEST thing I have ever done for myself. And not knowing a sole who had ever had it done before. Boy was it scary. And I really did not get support from those around me. My husband didn't oppose, but I can't say he was for it either. He thought it was too drastic. My daughter was supportive though. And I relied almost 24 hours a day on the wealth of information I could get from peoples profiles on Obesity Help. I could not have made this courageous move forward in my life without it. The girls I work with thought it was too dangerous and I was not "BIG" enough. My other friends, I did not tell until 3 weeks after it was done. I am proud that I have made positive changes in my life. I feel healthier. I have more energy. My labs are right on target. And shopping has become quite a past time of mine. I don't feel like I stick out like a sore thumb in a crowd anymore. I just blend in and that feels great. But I also know I have a distorted image of myself. I still see the bigger me when I look in the mirror. I feel somewhat disappointed because my goal was to have lost at least 100 pounds at 1 year out. The last 20 pounds have been slow getting off. I have lost 90 to 95 pounds (depending on the day) That is disappointing to me (I know, cry, snivel and whine) I will not give in though. I will keep on trying. I know I have not failed. It is very hard not to compare yourself to others. But we do. I will work on that. I feel blessed I was able to have this surgery. I am very lucky. I have had zero side effects from it. I do not throw up, I do not dump. The worst was the hair loss but it does come back and it is all worth it. I thank everyone from OH you have been there for me and you don't even know me. You are the reason for my success. Thanks for your support and encouragement. love to all, Susan
brave
on 3/23/06 4:36 am - Sicklerville, NJ
Susan I wish you continue success Because I know It,s one year for me as well and so hard to believe.keep up the good work Latonia
Donna1961
on 3/24/06 8:06 am - the villages, FL
I hit my one year out too and have lost 100 pounds. I too was disappointed that I had not lost more. I keep reading where people have lost 150 and more pounds in the same time. Like you I have had no problems. I all of sudden thought what 100 pounds felt like and it does not seem like a small amount. I feel so good!!! I could stay this way forever and I would be OK. I can walk forever, tie my shoes, cross my legs and BEST of all shop in the regular section of the clothes store. OH and Dr Jawads forum has helped me too much. We are good Susan!!!!! Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 548 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 639 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 559 views