WHAT A DIFFERENCE A YEAR MAKES!

ebonymami
on 3/30/06 12:23 am - Crofton, md
What a difference a year makes......During this year I have gone down a slide with my son, rode on a carnival ride, bought a pair of low-rider jeans(size 3), sat in a booth seat at a restaurant, ran 2 miles, wore a pair of boots and high heals. Last year I couldn't fit through the opening of the slide, I couldn't get on carnival rides because the bar wouldn't go down or the belt wouldn't fasten, I bought jeans(size 24) that only had elastic around the top, My stomache was on the table or I didn't fit in a booth, I couldn't walk 2 miles as much as run 2 miles, boots didn't zip up my big legs and my knees hurt to bad to think about wearing high heals. WOW...... WHAT A DIFFERENCE A YEAR MAKES........ Today is my 1 year anniversary and I thank "GOD" for making this possible becasue without him none of this would be possible. I lost 140 pounds(half of me I now weigh 140 pounds-- for a loss of 100% of my excess body fat), my BMI is in normal range for the first time in 21 years. I could go on and on about the changes I have gone through but I just want to say, "thank you to everyone on this site that has given advice and guidance throughout this year". I 'm healthy, I feel good and I'm blessed I can't ask for more.... GOD ID GOOD..........
Kat C
on 3/30/06 1:35 pm - Tuscaloosa, AL
Hi Hope, Thanks for your great update! Congratulations!!!! You have done great! And it sounds like you're taking full advantage of your new, smaller body. Woohoo! Roller coasters! High heels! Running! My surgery was 2 days before yours, and I've had quite a year also. I have another 50 or so pounds to get into my goal range, and it occurred to me that if I can lose minimum 4 lbs per month, I could be on ONEderland by my wedding day (Sept. 20th). I've picked out a dress, but am waiting until closer to the date to buy it - NO clue about what size I'll need in 6 mos! I'm with you - this site has been instrumental in my surviving and thriving this first year out. Thanks for sharing your great one-year-out report with us! Kathy
babytoes
on 4/2/06 5:38 am - Collingswood, NJ
There is no way I could have made it through the past year without the love and support of everyone here. While I haven't posted much, my husband has been doing all the posting for both of us. We are both so grateful that OH exists for us to share our experiences. God bless you all! Linda 280/151/160
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 548 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 639 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 559 views