Home from the hospital

Toni M
on 4/1/06 5:44 am - Gallatin, TN
Sorry I didn't get to post to let everyone know I was going in but I am now home sans gallbladder. I had an attack on Wednesday night that sent me to the ER, they sent me to my surgeon Thursday morning and I got cut on yesterday. I'm glad my surgeon had mentioned to me to watch for trouble with my gallbladder otherwise I would have panicked I'm sure, not knowing what was going on. Anyway, I'm glad it's over with. Toni
babytoes
on 4/2/06 5:40 am - Collingswood, NJ
Glad to hear you're home and doing well. Those gall bladders can be pesky little things post-op. Mine was removed at the time of my original surgery, but I know a lot of folks who had to had them axed later. Linda 280/151/160
Deborah W.
on 4/2/06 11:58 am - Stockton, CA
Toni, glad to hear you're doing well. I had my gallbladder removed on March 2, 2006 so I guess this is something that's fairly common in us RNY patients. The same surgeon that did my GBS did my gallbladder removal as well. They just had to wait for the pancreatitist to go down before they could do the surgery on me. I left home on a Monday afternoon from work thinking I was having a gas attac****il it got to the pont that it hurt to breath and it was all in my upper stomach area so that's why I called my GBS surgeon and not my PCP and they admitted me into the hospital immediately...I love my surgeon I think he is the most awesome man in the world the way he's taken care of my health... Anyways, you take care and good luck to you... Deborah W. 298/170/160
lynnd
on 4/15/06 10:08 pm - Carlstadt, NJ
RNY on 03/30/05 with
Hi Toni, Glad to hear you are home and recovering!!! I to had my gall bladder out on 1/16/06 my gastric bypass surgeon did my surgery. I had it done laproscopically. My recovery was so quick, back to work in 3wks!!! I think having 98lbs less of me and no comorbities helped me recover quicker!! Just take it easy, listen to your Dr.! Lynn 254/154-145
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 547 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 639 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 559 views