Only the truth -need you!

SherylDee
on 4/15/06 6:58 am - Cranbury, NJ
Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well and better then expected. I actually am needing your support and words of wisdom. I have not been making the best food choices and I also have thrown everything out the window this past couple of weeks. and I don't feel good about it. I am telling on myself so as to maybe that will be a turnover to do the right things. I am not drinking enough water, having enough protein, doing enough excercise, am not waiting before or after meals to drink. I also have been doing too much carbohydrates, not waiting long enought to eat. (grazing)....I am wanting to overeat and/or have the choice to eat a lot. Well that all had gotten me to the point of where i was before I had the transformation of life with the WLS. Alrighty thinking about what I had just written may have set the tone to start all over right now and do what has been suggested from the beginnin. I am satisfied with the weight I am right now, (because anything was better) but if i do change my habits now, I could lose a few more lbs. which would even be more then my dreams. I don't get the concept of not wanting to go all the way and fulfill to the highest point I can. I guess sometimes this happens in other areas of life to. (well maybe I need a shrink for that one) Just looking for your tips and tricks on doing all the right things???? GOT ANY??? Thanks xoxo Sheryl 265/140/??? what is your goal at 5 feet?
corgimom
on 4/16/06 10:27 pm - Memphis, TN
Sheryl, Your post hits home with me. I could have written it myself. I have struggled since January to lose weight. I have the same problems and feelings that you listed. We know what to do - drink water, eat protein, exercise but I can't seem to do it consistently. As for answers - I am trying to do the following. Set small goals, go back to logging all my food in Fitday. Maybe if I see how many calories I am consuming I won't reach for that granola bar. I am also trying to work on some internal things. Why do I continue to be an emotional eater? I participated in a class here on OH about emotional eating. It made me think! I also am reading a book on being an optimist. Might sound silly, but sometimes you can repeat negative thoughts to yourself and then that perpetuates the actual outcome. You have made a big step in acknowledging that you might have a problem and are trying to make some changes before it gets out of hand. Good Luck, corgimom
SherylDee
on 4/17/06 10:57 am - Cranbury, NJ
Hi there! I needed to see I am not alone, though I wish I were because I don't want others to go through this. Well this aint so bad, I do have choices now and I have a tool that I need to utilize, that's one of the reasons I found myself having the surgery. I got a response which may be helpful, it was suggested to plan my meals for the next day, that way it will take the choice away of going off track. Plus I do need to experiment and find out what I like in the way of excercising. I just picked up a book which looks great, it is think thin be thin. It has 101 Psychological ways to lose weight. (In our case we do have one up on it) It is easy reading each number has only about two to three pages, Lets make small goals so at least we can meet them and before you know it the small goals equals many.... Thanks again for your support and I am here for you tooooo! xoxo Sheryl
SherylDee
on 4/17/06 10:50 am - Cranbury, NJ
Angel, Oh how beautiful you are and what a great soul, I knew you were a beautiful person before I even saw your picture, but that just enhanced it for me. (I should have just known by your name) Thanks so much for your response, it is what I needed. I do love the idea of planning my meals. And I will experiment with different moving activites, also with the spring arriving, I love the outdoors so I may find my thing. Thanks again! Sheryl
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 545 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 638 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 558 views