Gallbladder woes

terri M.
on 4/28/06 11:38 am - beloit, OH
Hi All, I thought I was all recovered from the lap gallbladder removal on March 16th. Well don't you know I awoke with severe abdominal pain on March 26th. THhey were not sure what it was, but related to the gallbladder, either a bile leak, an abcess, or stone in the duct. Treated for all 3 for a week. Nothing to eat except clear liquids. Sent home for two days and don't you know awakened with same pain. Back to direct admission at the hospital. This time they decided it was a bile leak. I had 2 drains placed and over 5 liters of bile drained from my abdominal cavity. No eating again. PICC line, TPN. The whole works. Not to mention the pain. WOW!!!!!!!!! Finally home after about a month in the hospital. Trying to get my strength back. My iron went soooo low, I had to have it in the IV. Also, potassium went so very low. Had palpitations from it. The ironic thing is the surgeon had that gallbladder in his hand last year during the Roux n Y. And the bile leak could have been fixed easily with a stent if they could have done an ERCP. But, I am missing that part of the bowel to do that. It has been an absolute nightmare, but I still wouldn't do a thing differently. I am trying to start over with my pouch. Just like it is new. I get very nauseous. So I am treating it like it is new. Soft food, high protein, very very low fat. Just an update, Terri 331/211/125-130ish
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 547 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 639 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 559 views