always eating -- help me

butterflyr
on 8/6/06 3:18 am - centre, AL
things where great i lost all the weight felt great then with out warning the old me is back eating eating eating !!! everything all the time gained 30 pounds sence jan . hate myself for it too. the more i try to stop eating the more i eat . feel bad phy. because of extra weight . i eat just to be eating , for the taste also and the need to chew. what do i do to stop this ?? i tried chewing gum thats no good cause i can't swallow it and it just don't give the same satisfaction as food . dose any one have any advice , i rather be dead as to be fat again ,and i am getting there fast!!!!! please some one help me
Dedicated
on 8/6/06 10:34 am - Eleva, WI
Sounds like you might want to consult with a therapist. There has to be a reason that you can do so good for nearly two years and then go back to your old habits like that. Do you have new stress in your life or had any major things happen? That could trigger those old "survival skills" to kick back in.
Sissy N
on 8/21/06 8:13 am - Hesperia, CA
Hi - don't feel bad. I'm right there with you It has really been hard to get back on track If you'd like an e-mail buddy I would love it maybe we could keep each other on track. I started today back to basics. I am doing a liquid fast today and then starting back on protein shakes starting tomorrow until I can get myself back in control. I wish you the best of luck and hope you are feeling better. Sissy
Rachelq
on 8/22/06 2:52 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Sorry to chime in so late here. Haven't been on the boards for a while. I'm exactly where you are. The only thing saving me from gaining more weight is that I work at a gym (talk about accountability) Even still, I've gained 13 lbs back. It may not sound like a lot to you, but I'm working out about 20 hours a week. Can't imagine were I would be without it. But yes, my brain is were I was pre op. Feeling doomed to be overweight...possibly obese...uggghh. The guilty feelings on not being in control. The vicious cycle of trying to be good, then blowing it, then feeling guilty, then eating since I blew it anyway. Uggghh. So what are we going to do about it. For me, keep working out Go to my support group meetings As of today...trying to get back to basics...but if that doesn't work... possibly seeking out a therapist Diet pills have been on my mind (though I know its a temporary solution, I need some help to kick start me in the downward direction). I found that phentremine comes in a non-time release formula. Weigh****chers is also a possibility. What are you thinking of doing. Help me too, Rachel
JOJAMZ
on 8/22/06 6:06 am - SOUTHERN, AL
I feel the same way. I got down to 164 and this morning I weighed in at 179. 15 lbs gained I'm going crazy none of my clothes fit any more. I am up from a loose 10 to a tight 12. I can't seem to stop eating. I under a lot of stress at work and personally and the more stressed I am the more I eat. I don't know how I can ever break the cycle. I don't want to wear size 22/24's anymore but I don't know how I am going to stop. I defintely feel you and hopefully we can both bring ourself up out of this spell. Jo Ann
ShellieD
on 8/22/06 11:52 pm - braham, MN
I also need some help. I just started to gain the weight back I am only up 2 lbs but thats where it starts so if any of you know how you can help me let me know
reba04
on 8/27/06 5:39 am - Visalia, CA
I'm in the same boat as all of you. I eat for just the sake of eating. I drive all day and eating hard candy keeps me company. I use to be a physical therapy aide and have access to the gym but no more. My hours are crazy so I honestly don't have time to go to the gym. Going back to basics is a thought and I will give that a try.Being stressed and depressed are all factors with me gaining my weight back but I don't have time to resolve all that. If anyone has found the answer to stop gaining weight please let me know. Iam desperate. I don't want to go back to where I was. Rebecca
Rae Smiles
on 8/27/06 10:32 pm - Mount Airy, MD
Hi, yes, I find myself eating more food and more often....more than I need to.....but I have been lucky that I have been able to catch it...I weight DAILY and I use fitday.com to keep me honest....I did gain some weight, about 8 lbs, a few months ago and it scared me bigtime!!! I certainly do not have the magic answer...but I will be thinking about you...and thank you for sharing this...we have all been on a great ride over the last 2.5 years and now comes the really hard part...and we need each other for support and suggestions..... Sending warm thoughts your way..... RAE
DianneW
on 10/23/06 3:51 am - Louisville, KY
Sorry, I've been away for so long (I lost my password), I've gained 17 pounds from my lowest (which was really to skinny) as well. I did fit day today and realized fat and carbs are way up and protien is way down. I know what I have to do. I made a committment to do a mini-marathon in April, that should help as well. Dianne 342/125/142
lacmike
on 10/29/06 1:36 am - York, PA
I think we are all in the same boat, now the weight is coming back on. My lowest weight was 138, I weigh about 147. Ten pounds might seem not like a lot, but to us it is. Actually I do not look like I gained weight but my thighs and butt are not fitting the size 4's and 6's like they did over the summer and I am finding myself wearing 8's and 10's. At my support group meeting last month, the moderator stressed just remember where you came from. I know where my problem is and I have to work on it. I am not in a happy place right now. I have an 18 year old daughter who is acting out! I am no longer in a relationship. I am eating rice cakes like no tomorrow which is increasing my calories and carbs, and I am not getting in enough protein. I have also been anemic becuase I forgot to buy vitamins and my iron went really low. Of course with cold weather heading our way, I am not as active with my exercise. My daughter's behavior is putting me in a really bad place. My best advice to pin point where you are going wrong. I just mentioned what I am doing bad and I know I have to make the change but it is becoming difficult in the emotional state I am in. I know once I get happy again, I will be fine. Lori 258/147/135
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 477 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 731 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 676 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 750 views