ULCER

jennifer76
on 10/19/06 3:27 am - Bonifay, FL
Hello been awhile.. I had gotten to where I could not eat again.. So I went to a stomach Dr Because all my GB Dr kept sayin was thats why you have this surgery is so you can't eat much.. Well I knew that but I should been able to take more then 2 bites and be full and me this far out... So I went to the Stomach Dr and had an Upper GI done and found out that I have an Ulcer the size of a Golf ball right where the new stomach and the Intestines is join now.. And the Dr said he is seeing this in GB People.. And he said its cause from not getting enough blood flow through.. And I also have a BAD Yeast infection in the Esophagus said he is seeing this also in GB people said thats from not enough acid... But hes gonna recheck me the first of December to see how the meds are working he said I could be looking at having the surgery reversed... I was just wanting to see if anyone else is having this problem or that U know of... I also know another girl that had her GB by the same DR and she had an Ulcer also.. I have not talked to her to find out where hers is But was wanting to check with all yall also... To see how everyone else is doing.... Thanks for any help.. JENNIFER
DianneW
on 10/23/06 4:22 am - Louisville, KY
I have not had an ulcer but I take Nexium every day. I do have diarehea about every 3 months which my dr. says is wasting syndrome from the extra instestine building up bacteria. I have to take antibiotics. Good luck. Dianne
jennifer76
on 10/23/06 5:26 am - Bonifay, FL
I wish i would get Diarehea more often I hardly ever go to the bathroom... I go maybe 1 time a week if that.. I can always tell when I need to start taking something to help me go.. My belly starts swelling... But thanks anyways for the feed back!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALSO.... Jennifer
Dedicated
on 10/25/06 8:33 am - Eleva, WI
Shouldn't you be way more regular than that, being this far out?
jennifer76
on 10/25/06 8:40 am - Bonifay, FL
I would think so But.. Thats the way it has been... Dr says its cause I don't eat much so not much in to come out... But I eat as much as I can...
Donna Paige
on 10/25/06 9:53 am - Pottstown, PA
Hi Jennifer, Sounds very familiar. I had a 3CM ulcer in the duodenom. Couldn't eat and lost quite a bit of weight. I got down to 127lbs. Ulcer is now completely healed and I now weight 142lbs. I had the ulcer in like January and it was completely healed on my last EDG in July. Hurt like heck and glad to have the sucker gone. I think it's a normal thing for us from what I am told. I took Prilosec (cheaper but slower healing than nexium) course in my case it healed pretty quickly. I also had Carafate. I would never ever let anyone redo my surgery. Hell it's the best thing that ever happened to this old lady given all the complications I have had. Still suffer from severe malnutrition and anemia though. I am under the care of an hemotologist. And since my plastics I have developed Lymphedema. BUT I still would do it all over again. Love being thin. Well not quite as thin as I was but still relatively thin. Best Wishes! Donna Paige
Larakatya
on 11/17/06 8:02 am - Twin Cities, MN
*hugs* Sorry to read that you're having such a rough time of things. My RNY is in good shape, and i've been very blessed to not have any real complications as a result of it. That's not to say life hasn't been exciting and filld with all kinds of challenges, but that's another story. Sending you love and positive thoughts ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 477 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 731 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 676 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 750 views