diet after 2 years

thin_tyme
on 11/1/06 11:03 pm - WY
Hello all of you. I have not been around for about a year now. No computer at home, it crashed. Now I have a new one but not internet yet, so I am at work. Any way the names on here do not look familiar to me so I am really lost. I am posting today because I have a diet question. What and how much is everyone eating, the ones that are still trying to lose weight? I'd like to know about carbs, protein especially, how many calories and percents. I have gained 10 pounds back and so I have actually 20 pounds to lose. My surgeon is out of the country and I never had a nutritionist. So I am looking to all of you for some advice. Basically I had stopped weighing my food and really paying attention, I thought that I was really watching but not really, if you know what I mean. I just started yesterday with this plan: B-3 oz protein 2 oz starch 2 oz fruit L-3 oz protein 2 oz fruit 2 oz vegetable D 3 oz. protein 2 oz vegetable 2 oz starch I am hoping that I might see results but I don't know if I am doing it right. Tahnk s for any help and I hope that I can get on more often and re-meet/meet new friends during all of this. Thanks Mechelle
lacmike
on 11/2/06 6:26 am - York, PA
For me it depends what the meal is. I have seen myself eat a salad and piece of meat one night and the next day eat an entire sandwich. I have not been doing good with breakfast lately, they keep discontinuing my darn yogurt. If I eat a crab cake I can do two three ounce ones and a salad but not to much more. I have been also drinking with my meals. Someone at work is doing the Eat for your blood type diet but everything I love I can not eat. I am just at a loss as well and trying not to get to discouraged over 8 lbs. Holding onto this has not been to bad and it could be worse. Lori
thin_tyme
on 11/6/06 3:39 am - WY
Hi Lori, I always surprise myself when I can sometimes eat more than what I should and then other times it is very little. MMMMMMM crab cakes sound good, where do you buy kthem? I'd like to try that. Thanks Lori Mechelle
Larakatya
on 11/17/06 7:56 am - Twin Cities, MN
I've got 10 new friends that I don't like. I've been working to just get back to basics. I'm still sugar-free, working to get less carbs (As I'm a carb grazer from time to time. . . and I'd rather eat carb than anything else). *hugs for all* ~Lara
Dedicated
on 11/3/06 8:25 am - Eleva, WI
My doctor says never more than 1,000 calories the rest of my life. Always get 60 grams of protein and then nonstarch veggies then fruit.
thin_tyme
on 11/6/06 3:37 am - WY
so are you maintaing weight right now or are you still losing weight? I think I need to play around with the "diet" from my post and see what helps me to lose weight. Thanks for your reply. Mechelle
Dedicated
on 11/6/06 8:37 pm - Eleva, WI
I've been maintaining because I haven't been following the plan.... my own darn fault. I kicked it into gear last week and lost 4 pounds! Just added back exercise and started watching my intake of food and getting my water in again!
thin_tyme
on 11/6/06 10:37 pm - WY
awesome for you for losing the 4 pounds. I thought that I had kicked it into gear myself but I am doing something wrong. Keep it up!!! Mechelle Maybe my problem is not getting my water in, I'll give that one a try because I sure am excercising.
Rae Smiles
on 11/12/06 11:54 pm - Mount Airy, MD
Hi, Obviously while we all have something in common, WLS, we are different in that we have different surgeons, different bodies, etc... Personally, I eat every 3 hours (or so)....small amounts, but if I don't eat, I feel like crap. Your plan does NOT seem like enough food....someone mentioned NEVER more than 1000 calories per day...omg, I would be a stick by now... I get in between 1500-2400 per day...depending on many factors....I maintain my weight on this plan...sometimes I am up a pound or two, sometimes down.... If I get in less than 1500 per day for more than a day or so, I drop weight quickly...not looking to lose anymore. So, try it and see how it works...but...perhaps you should add in a meal/snack before bedtime...even a protein drink like unjury....low calories, but plenty of protein. Just my two cents for what it is worth.... and like I mentioned, all bodies are different. Best wishes, RAE
DianneW
on 11/21/06 11:26 pm - Louisville, KY
Hello everyone. I have gained about 13 pounds. I'm up to 138. I need to increase my protien and cut out so many carbs and up the exercise. Dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 477 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 731 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 676 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 750 views