Update on me !!

mikkozoe
on 11/12/06 10:43 pm - Conyers, GA
WEll in Aug of 06 i found out that i had no restriction in my pouch at all ...So the pouch heald nothing .....( went for testing after gaining about 40 pounds this year) so went to my surgon that said there was nothing he could do for me ...What ever .....So i started my research and looked for a new surgon and no one in the state would come near me ....Sucks totally ...And insurance would not cover a out of state doc.....So needless to say i ended up in Mexico on Nov 3 for a lap band ...I figuered that it is adjustable and will give me the restriction that i never had or had lost ....So i am in my healing stages now and they said i will not feel a restriction until i get a fill ...which will be about dec 22 so i will keep you all posted and all ...But after all i went thru two and a half years ago i never thought i would be going thru this again ...Totally sucks but hopefully this will work for me and help me get the weight off i never did ...... Laura
Larakatya
on 11/17/06 7:58 am - Twin Cities, MN
*hug* Sorry to read you had to have a 2nd surgery. Glad to read that you're healing up. Sending love and positive thoughts for your journey's new path. ~Lara Lap RNY 4-1-04
Dedicated
on 11/17/06 11:05 am - Eleva, WI
Hijack!!! How the heck are ya! How's married life treating you!!!!!
Larakatya
on 11/27/06 8:35 am - Twin Cities, MN
Married life is amazing, quite a learning experience, and transformative. Me, I'm in transition. Trying to learn how to live with my back, yet enjoy life as fully and completely as I can. Pain sucks. I'm just getting back to work after 2 months of medical leave due to my back. I'm trying to strike a balance in my life. I'm also working at getting back to basics with regard to my WLS. Its been quite a challenge - I got way underweight, and now I'm working to unlearn all the bad habits I needed to pick up to put weight back on. Sending love and appreciation for your cheery hijack, ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 477 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 731 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 676 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 750 views