Recent gain is a BIG loss for me...HELP!

frea2bea
on 12/23/06 3:40 am - COlorado Springs, CO
I have a friend who is having a lap-banding 1/11/07. I referred her to OH.com some time ago. I don't know if the site has been helpful to her, but it reminded me of how helpful it was to be before, and just after my surgery- 2+yrs ago. I want to get support here again, as I have gained some of my weight back. I began @ 282, 4/04. All time low was 7/05 @153#. (After Gall Bladder surgery) I've gained to 179#, and am as scared as can be about where I am headed if I don't do something about it FAST! I am renewing my commitment to Slim & Tone. Trying to get in there 3x/wk. I eat about every three hrs. This, I think might be too much... I need to test going longer, and not having snacks available at my desk @ wk. In the past, if I waited more than 3 hrs, my sugar would drop, and I'd get nauseated. My goal is to see 1/2 my all-time high by our 3rd yr anniversary. April 2007. 4 full months to loose it, and some changes to make. My clothes are tight, I don't want to buy more(especially larger) stuff. By reading the most recent posts I see that we're all in varying degrees going throught the same thing... At least I don't feel all alone in this gain. But THIS gain is a big loss for me, and I don't feel good about me or the things I do...
pammy157
on 12/27/06 7:26 pm - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with
hi denise, i too was scared at the weight that i have gained in the past year. we worked so hard to lose this and took such a drastic thing to do it. the lowest i was at was 157 i want to be there again! right now i'm at 167 I hate that its 10 pounds more. I've had to work very hard to keep it right there too. Then again no one told me that this surgery was going to be forever. I read and heard all the storys about how people can gain the weight back. We still have our tool and we need to use it correctly. I too eat every 3 hours. My blood sugar would drop after my surgery if I didn't. Thats one reason why I'm having a hard time losing that additional 10 pounds. I panic each time it goes up closer to the 170 mark. What I did find was that now almost 3 years out the blood sugar doesn't always drop if I go longer than 3 hours. I think it was my fear of it dropping because I hated the way it made me feel. My heart would race, I would feel dizzy, and hollow. sounds would seem like they were coming from a millions miles away. I couldnt think clearly. Now who would want to feel that way? Anyone would take a snack with them. I use to carry protein bars in my purse to avoid that! Little by little I would wait before I would eat something between meals. I wanted to see what would happen. I wasn't having those blood sugar levels drop liek they did when i was closer to just having had the surgery. yes they still would drop but it got to be longer than every 3 hours. And i did find too if I waited and didn't snack right away but had somethign to drink I couldmake it go longer sometimes right to a meal time. I still carry a snack with me in my purse but what I've done is take a look at what I'm carrying. When our blood sugar drops drastically we need soemthing to boost it up. The protein bars are great but protein takes longer to get us back to normal to what our body needs and what it needs is something quick. Most of the protein bars that I find are high calories. I always make sure to get sugar free ones but then they have alot of sugar alcohol which i can't process very well. gives me gas...So i keep a small box of raisins with me in my purse! the raisins have sugar in them but its a more natural sugar that boosts the blood sugar level. I dont' always eat something now between meals. I've got it so that I don't eat those raisins every day. I drink water, decaf tea or coffee, sometimes a low fat glass of milk in between meals too. that helps to keep me full. The milk is good casue it gives us some calcium that we need and it has protein in it too. thats a good bet! I dont know if that is a help and i'm no doctor but it helps me alittle bit. We now are normal sized and along with that have the worries of normal sized people. my always thin daughter watches what she eats every day. she eats healthy and excersizes daily too. thats a biggie! the excersize when we do it daily helps us to maintaine and lose. Good luck and god bless, pam
Jaime_C
on 12/31/06 6:39 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Pam, I could relate to everything you wrote. Even me, who can't exercise because of my spinal cord and column injuries... I can still walk every day, even if only 1/2 a mile. I know we can do this! Jaime
Happy Girl
on 1/1/07 3:01 am - New Braunfels, TX
Geez!! I know exactly how you are feeling...I had my surgery in April of 2004 and have gained 13 lbs this year! My clothes are feeling tighter and I am feeling discouraged and upset with myself! I came back to OH for the support and to try and get back on track!
DianneW
on 1/24/07 10:36 pm - Louisville, KY
Hello, I haven't been good about checking the board lately. I to have gained weight this year. I had my surgery in 4/2004 and have gained back about 15 pounds Dianne 342/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 477 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 731 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 676 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 750 views