January is "Take your Vitamn(s) Month

Jaime_C
on 1/3/07 7:21 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Hi, all. I've been corresponding with Mechelle, and we are trying to support each other for getting back on track. Personally, I find habits easiest to build if I focus on one area for thirty days. I stopped taking my vitamins when my daughter paralyzed in a car accident a year and one half ago, and now it is time for me to take good care of me. The one change in January we are going to focus MOST on (all getting back on track things like eating good food, not drinking caffeine, exercising are good to try) taking our vitamin(s). I've been reading a lot of posts on our board with people like us having trouble not losing all the weight, or having the weight creep up, so we decided to invite you to join us in our quest! Have you taken your vitamins today? Jaime
thin_tyme
on 1/3/07 9:11 am - WY
Nicely said Jaime.. I took my vitamin today!!! I hope that you all will join us in this. I recently visited Susan Maria'snew website and we certainly are not in this alone. Maybe WLS patients are going through what we are, not losing all of our weight or it slowly creeping back up (maybe not so slowly, I don't know about you but it seems like it happened over night for me) Any way I just wanted to share something that I had read on her website, and I know that this was/is true for me. Whatever amount of weight we have been putting back on be it 5, 10, 20, or 30, there is a feeling of embarassment (people are watching us, at least me anyway) (it's like they want to see me fail) There are many feelings involved, we just need to kick it back up and get going again. One person said that they had a tendency to go into hiding and not seek any advice because of their embarassment. This is bad....Of course they don't want to do that (go into hiding) but those darn feelings. So lets band together and get going again. Mechelle
Larakatya
on 1/4/07 3:52 pm - Twin Cities, MN
*hugs* I did. Great Idea ~Lara
Jaime_C
on 1/5/07 8:39 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Thank you! It's working for me, and Mechelle is doing great, also! It's funny, by focusing on this one area, I find I am getting back on track in other areas as well!! Jaime
pammy157
on 1/4/07 7:08 pm - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with
what vitamins does everyone take? i do 2 flintstone chewables a day one in the AM & PM, a chewable vitamin C, chewable B12, chewable calcium 2 times a day again with the AM & PM, my blood levels are perfect. I like the chewable flavors it makes me feel like i'm getting a treat. like my little 5 pound pomerian when i say want a cookie gets all excited and jumps up and down drooling for her treat...thats me! what a chewy???? Ooooo i love the chewable calcium in the different flavors! woof
Jaime_C
on 1/7/07 12:35 am - Moreno Valley, CA
It sounds like you have a regimin that really works for you. That's great! I take 1 women's Ultra Mega from GNC. I used to get b12 shots. I need to look into that again. I need to have a physical and get my blood levels taken and checked. I was putting it off, because I was to have surgery (cervical spine) this month, but now, no surgery!! I'll do this in April for the big 3 mark. Jaime
Dedicated
on 1/4/07 9:01 pm - Eleva, WI
I did!!! Time to get back on that horse! Its tough once you get out of the habit!
Jaime_C
on 1/7/07 12:32 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Yes! And it is said 30 days will BUILD any habit. Still taking them?? I am!! Jaime
Rachelq
on 1/24/07 10:04 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Jaime, Nice to see you on the April board! I hope you daughter is doing as well as can be! I've been posting on the "On Track Team" thread on the California boards. It has really helped me stay aware...and it is helping me get focused (staying focused is a whole other story). So with the help of the on track team, my vits, water intake and exercise are all in check. The things I'm working on right now are...not night time eating and no weekend wine! I love your idea of committing to focus on it for a month. Ok...starting right now...now nighttime eating! Gotta get this 10-15lbs (depending on the day) off! xo, Rachel
Jaime_C
on 1/27/07 2:29 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Rachel, Great to hear from you! The on-track team ... I'd been thinking of posting there, but they are doing so much, and I am a woose - lol - I can only focus on one thing at a time ! However, My vits are good, and I DO exercise in PT and have a home program, so I guess I can do it in February and make February my water month and continue to exercise and take my vits! I'm with you on getting back on track, but I'm afraid to hope for weight loss xo, Jaime
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 477 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 731 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 676 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 750 views