Any vegetarians here

lacmike
on 2/24/07 12:13 pm - York, PA
Hi Everyone. I have a friend, no really I do who is probably not overweight enough for WLS and she came to me and asked for help to lose weight. From what I found out about her diet is that she really does not eat enough protein and that she is a carb addict in the form of pasta. Every meal is pasta, and no meat. She will not eat anything with a face. I gave her a recipe for cabbage lasagne that substituted cabbage leaves for pasta and she liked this idea. But if there are any vegetarians here can you offer some advice for her to get more protien. I told her to limit her carb intake to 45-60 a day, watch her fat and look for foods high in protein but since she does not eat any meat...what can a gal do. I would appreciate any help. Lori 258/145
Dedicated
on 2/24/07 9:06 pm - Eleva, WI
There is protein in darn near everything. She could switch from white noodles (the ones void of everything except carbs & calories!) to whole wheat. She can add cheese, peanut butter, beans of all kinds. Yogurt, protein shakes, cottage cheese. There are lots of veggies too that have protein. Also, she may want to learn to like tofu! Just a few ideas!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 477 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 731 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 676 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 750 views